C-7 Hellraiser now in Black Cherry

Ok, this has been covered several times on this forum. The ownership of Schecter belongs to ESP.

Secondly, the binding with the abalone purfling, as well as the transparent red over a quilt top, is a very recognizable feature from LTD's higher end guitars (Deluxe series), and a few of their lower end models offer the red quilt as well. I highly doubt they would be able to get away with an identical binding with identical abalone purfling with idential laminated pinstriping, and identical tops and finishes, unless they were owned in whole or part by the company that did it first.

Also, don't say it looks "too flashy". Unless you've seen it in person, you have no idea. I bought an EC-1000 and an H-1000, both in black, and both have that abalone purfling on the white binding around the entire body, neck, and headstock. I never saw either guitar in person, I bought them both online. All of my guitar friends that I mentioned the news to said "Mike, that looks flashy as hell", and "dude, thats almost *too* flashy man". When I got them both in, every single one of them commented along the lines of "holy shit, that looks really nice." Incidentally, two of the 7 or so friends (that commented on it being "too flashy" before I got it), now own the same guitars. One bought an EC-1000 a couple of weeks after seeing and playing mine, and the other bought an H-1000 a couple of months later. They both love their guitars. In person, it looks amazing. The pictures are too much.

Moonlapse, btw, the black cherry Hellraiser is old news, lol. Check out www.sevenstring.org's forums...those guys are nuts for 7's, and they get most of the news before you can read about it on manufacturer's sites. I do agree though, I wish my Hellraiser had that binding, like I have on my EC and H-1000 guitars, and binding on the neck too. That's the only thing though. Everything else on these guitars is superb as is.

~006

My bandmate owns 2 of the ESP EC-1000's that have binding that's very similar to that. If it's anywhere close to the binding on those, then it's too flashy for me...:) I just prefer binding that's a little less noticable and drab. Nice guitars (EC-1000's), I just hate the binding.