cables/converters

Kenneth R.

Cináed
Oct 28, 2004
Hallways of Always
this could be a stupid question, but does such a cable exist that:

1/4" female > (3-6 feet) > 1/8" male? i've never encountered one and it'd be extremely useful to me.

otherwise, a converter from mic cable pins to 1/8" male, preferably metal and not radioshit plastic (the cause of my creating this thread).

alternately, if there exist 1/4" female > 1/8" male converters that are metal and durable...

i've gone through 4 or 5 of these goddamn things, and i've been taking precautions to keep them in good shape. they still manage to break inside, and most recently i got pissed and cut it open to fix it myself (electrical engineer) only to find that they're one piece and i can't get the damn thing open anyway. i'm using them to record from mic cable to soundcard, which is 1/8". i prop the cable end up with books to keep it level and keep weight off the connection to the soundcard to keep it working, my old computer's soundcard became useless when the heavy cable bent the input and broke the contacts inside it.

I've never seen the cable you need at any stores but you should be able to find one that is 1/8"male (mini) on one end and 1/4"male on the other. Then you just need a 1/4"double-female adapter to put on the fat end! (Hope I'm not turning you on! :D )

I have a couple of heavy-duty 1/4"fem -> 1/8"male. Not sure where I got them as it was years ago.

Good luck.