Cacophony Anyone?

Jun 19, 2002
INDIA
Visit site
marty freidman....jason becker...sounds familiar??????
recently i happen to lay my hands on 'speed metal symphony'...and i was totally hallucinated by the effort put in by these guys!!!!!!becker by large is the greatest shredder ever.

The other one is called "Go off" I think (long time ago, and I don't have it). SMS is a cool album- horid vocals and even worse lyrics, but the axe work is top-notch. Love the intro to the first song (If it's the one I'm thinking of, been years since I heard it), and Ninja.
Actually, I've got one of Marty's instructional videos that was done at around the time of the 2nd Cacophony album (done by Hot Licks or something like that). He walks you through one of the solos, showing what he did, and why. Very cool, even though he's got a horrible sweat-top on, and his hair's a mess (still, better than the vid he did around the time of 'Scenes", where his shirt is half unbuttoned....... ;))

Anyone know what Marty Friedman is up to these days? Last I heard, he was collaborating with Michael Schenker on a new album...

havent caught much of marty lately...yupp jason is kinda loosing it....but as long he is anti-malmsteen it is good...i loved the song fuck malmsteem....really took on malmy's ass!!
BTW what is jason upto these days??????

Originally posted by sigilofbaphomet
havent caught much of marty lately...yupp jason is kinda loosing it....but as long he is anti-malmsteen it is good...i loved the song fuck malmsteem....really took on malmy's ass!!

He was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) in 1989 I think and given five years or so to live, but he's still alive.. Can't walk, talk or anything anymore though and that sucks ass.

Originally posted by sigilofbaphomet

"Jason is losing it"? Didn't you know he's been dying of ALS for the last 12 years? I mean, they've even made tribute albums to him.

And regarding Friedman, Pitrelli (now back with Savatage), Ellefson, and DeGrasso forming a band holds as much water as the other rumour you heard about Rob Halford joining Sum41.

I wouldn't believe whoever is telling you all this stuff...