A REALLY REALLY GOOD QUESTION

Horus

and his imaginary friend
Mar 4, 2005
Atlantis
This is a question that i can guarantee has been asked countless times by many Symphony X and/or Dream Theater fans have been asking for some time. Would a Michael Romeo and John Petrucci side project NOT make the world right? Would a Michael Romeo and John Petrucci side project Not be the most amazing thing to happen to the classic "2 Guitar Double Lead" since Iron Maiden or Cacophony (Marty Friedman/ Jason Becker)? In other words, to be simple, Would a Michael Romeo and John Petrucci side project make the most insane Prog. metal band ever?

Yngwie--Romeo project.....Romeo slaps yingwee about the head and face....LOLOL

ooh wait....here's a better one....Romeo and Stephan Forte..................................dam!!!!!!!

†Russel Allen†® said:
Definitely Romeo and Greg Howe. That'd do a outta-my-mind killer prog solo record.
i agree,greg is awesome(mac alpine is kinda stucked in Mi style arpeggio,he should stop doing that shit)

The styles vary quite extensively, and they both do have a very independent style. I still can't fathom the low opinions of John Petrucci and Dt in general, and I would never go as far as to say Romeo could out-duel Malmsteen. I would call that blasphemy. I think Petrucci's side projects to date have been opuses, but he never dominates the sound. He is a very gracious soloer, meaning he plays well with others.

I don't think Yngwie and Romeo is a perfect match. I never liked Yngwie. But the other options mentioned here can be very interesting. Especially the "Stephan Forte" one. Or Greg Howe, Tony Mcalpine...