A REALLY REALLY GOOD QUESTION

You know they shoud duel ever night at gigantour and whoever wins the most times after the tour is over is declared the winner, so once and for all THERE WILL BE NO MORE THREADS PUTTING PETRUCCI AND ROMEO TOGETHER!!!!!!! :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

turke said:
I don't think Yngwie and Romeo is a perfect match. I never liked Yngwie. But the other options mentioned here can be very interesting. Especially the "Stephan Forte" one. Or Greg Howe, Tony Mcalpine...

the reason I said Romeo and Yngwie would match is because both are influenced by plenty of classical music and play classical music.

IMO it wouldn't be that good for two reasons:
1)they have their stregths playing in different tonalities. Petrucci is better at more jazzy aoelian and dorian kind of stuff whilst romeo is into the more metal/neoclassical side of things like phrygian major, harmonic minor and phrygian with some aoelian in there aswell
2)It would turn into a full on wank battle

heh, i actually think shredding against each other for *a bit* would be sorta cool....especially as neither of them are arrogant people at all and are both very appreciative of other musicians. I think the main problem with a 'wank battle' would be yet more stupid division between symphony x and dream theater fans - hah i can imagine a massive ruckus in the crowd.

haha! It would be interesting but I think MJR is more of a by himself kinda guy! And I respect him for that. And the very first post in this thread, how can you compare MJR and Petrucci to Iron Maiden?

"Would a Michael Romeo and John Petrucci side project Not be the most amazing thing to happen to the classic "2 Guitar Double Lead" since Iron Maiden or Cacophony (Marty Friedman/ Jason Becker)? In other words, to be simple, Would a Michael Romeo and John Petrucci side project make the most insane Prog. metal band ever?"

I think Romeo and Petrucci would be interesting, and should have a lightsaber duel. However I still seem to misunderstand of how you can put Iron Maiden, meer peons, in the rankings of Gods...its just...WRONG!