Cain's Offering

Iced Dog

The Stormrider's Pooch
Sep 29, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
www.facebook.com
Has anyone heard any recent news regarding Cain's Offering? I loved their debut from 2009 (Gather The Faithful), but their forum here at UM seems dead, as is their MySpace, and no official site. It'd be a shame to see this band/supergroup go by the wayside...loads of talent.

Jani and Timo are doing a new acoustic album together. I don't think it's going to have the name Cain's Offering...but it's still the same guys.

Looks like we have to wait for new Cain's Offering CD. They are on a hiatus and they most probably will not release new material any time soon even if Jani has composed any. As said above, Timo Kotipelto & Jani Liimatainen are working on an acoustic album and have occasionally made gigs in Finland as an acoustic duo. Timo has also been working with Stratovarius for the upcoming CD due out next spring. Bassist Jukka Koskinen will be busy after Wintersun's "Time I" is released in October 12. and the band will join the Heidenfest 2012 Tour through Central Europe with Korpiklaani, Varg, Trollfest & Krampus.

I think Cain's Offering was formed when original Stratovarius was in limbo and Timo Kotipelto was looking for a band. It was a nice "gap filler" until the next thing came along.

I was hoping to hear new stuff from Cain's Offering as well, but I think with the "reformed" Stratovarius and the above mentioned acoustic album by Timo and Jani, I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

I hope they do something new as well. I liked the Cain's Offering album more than most of what Stratovarius and Sonata Arctica did.

Never got into it. I also think the newer Strato, although not nearly as good as their prime time stuff, is still better than Cain's Offering's disc.

However, the Timo/Jani acoustic thing sounds very promising.

Really liked the Cain's Offering disc and still keep it in regular rotation. Was really hoping they'd have put out another by now, but looks like that probably won't happen. Looking forward to the new Strato release. I like the first two, especially some particularly strong songs, but as an entire work, I like the CO album better. I'm hoping the next Strato album is strong all the way through.