Calendar Girls

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Yesterday I was watching this British comedy based on a real story. What made me jump (besides having Helen Mirren which I love) was that in a part they meet Anthrax!

Supposedly when the characters travel to US to promote their calendar in Jay Leno late Night show, they met John, Frank and Scott by the pool of the hotel.

Don't you love cameos?

I'm blank on other cameos...well other than spinal tap and rock star movie cameos..... I know I've seen Henry Rollins in a few but he's getting to be quite the actor much like Iced T. I enjoyed the movie as well and was :OMG: Anthrax!?! In this movie....quite hilarious!

Abanazar McBurger said:
But wasn't Anthrax as a guest in "Married... with Children" at some point?
yesssss they were. Actually, when Kelly had a crush on Scott, they were supposed to go upstairs and off the set, so you know what that would look like :loco: But they said they took it out because they didnt want Kelly to seem too slutty......like she wasnt as it was :tickled:

Yeah, that episode was a good one. They played part of 'In My World' off 'Persistence of Time' on that one. They re-played that recently on one of those basic cable channels. It was cool to see again. Horrible actors by the way, but still killer to see them on a prime time show.

Oh if we go for cameos, we have Armored Saint playing in "Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth", Cannibal Corpse in "Ace Ventura", Lemmy showing on the crowd of "Airheads"

KMADD said:
Dont forget Alice Cooper in john carpenter's fuckin' classic The Prince Of Darkness!
The bicycle scene rules!

Right :hotjump: and the song is not bad either.

kittybeast said:
have you all seen the Kiss movie they filmed here in CA at magic mountain? I forget the name...
That movie is called Kiss Meets The Phantom Of The Park it was a television
movie I remember watching when I was like 9 and thinking it was the
coolest thing on earth but now I got the tape at home I think it's just
goofier than shit. (see UMOS caption 7)

KMADD said:
That movie is called Kiss Meets The Phantom Of The Park it was a television
movie I remember watching when I was like 9 and thinking it was the
coolest thing on earth but now I got the tape at home I think it's just
goofier than shit. (see UMOS caption 7)

I too watched KMTPOTP on TV when I was but a lad and thought it was excellent. So these many years later when I bought the VHS and watched it..... I fell asleep! :oops: :cry: :p