CalProg 05 - Final Roster Announced

PapaJimH

Jan 31, 2004
The date for CP05 is June 4 at the Center Stage Theater in uptown Whittier. The lineup is finally complete, and while we had intended to only run four acts this year, well can you get too much of a good thing??? Perhaps, but we HAD to add Tom Brislin’s band Spiraling to open the show after seeing them very recently in Hollywood. This is a band you probably haven’t heard of, but they have so much energy and such an immediately likeable vibe that I KNEW they’d be perfect for our little wing ding. But back to the business at hand.

The http://www.calprog.com website changed webmasters this past week (now I’m the webmaster!) and it has a new look and feel, not to mention that it has been updated with all the new information about CP05. Please have a visit, check out all the bands, and definitely listen to the sound samples if you are unfamiliar with them. Also you should check out the Tickets page for details on tickets and when they go on sale. But I will summarize a few things in this email.

LINEUP
The Flower Kings
Izz
Tiles
Bubblemath
Spiraling

Patron seats go on sale to the general public (if there are any left) on next Saturday Feb 12 at 8am, remaining tickets on sale March 5th. The price is a little higher this year (sorry about that!) but I'm sure you'll agree the slight increase will be well worth the fantastic day of diverse music and people you will share it with that day.

Thanks to everyone for their support in bringing back this event for a second year. Let's blow the top off of progressive rock in SoCal! Let the praises, questions and crucifixions begin. :eek:)

Jim Harrel

PS: A special thank you to Tracy McCrite for the wonderful new CalProg logo! Isn't that great? You can contact her through the main page at the website for your graphic needs.