MIKE KENEALLY BAND
ENCHANT
IZZ
ERIK NORLANDER
Special Guest: NEAL MORSE

When: Saturday July 3, 2004
Where: Whittier, California
Patron Tickets go on sale April 10, 8am PST

Please visit the http://www.calprogday.com website for all details.

:headbang:

ProgMetalFan said:
Who is Izz?

Izz is a great band! Their most recent album, "I Move," is excellent and they are preparing to release another called "Ampersand." Check them out. They're outstanding!

Yay! Enchant at CalProg! I'm so there. Burke, you up for another California excursion to see Enchant?

If this is an April Fool's Day joke, someone will have to be seriously maimed. And forced to watch Justin Timberlake videos. Which may be one and the same punishment. :ill:

Kristin
Via dragoon...:hotjump:

Why don't we have a festival like this in Europe ! I can't understand ! Ok we have prog power and headway and they have great bills, no comment on it, but though, we never really had bills like this ! This really makes me frustrated. :cry:

It's funny because (and I'm not throwing the stone to the american people on this board) Progressive rock and Metal seem to be more popular and sellable in Europe than the US. For instance : during the past few years prog bands toured more in Europe than in the US, but each there is a festival in America, this is HELL OF A BILL and since 2 years it seems that the genre is back on the track which is pretty cool for you US guys.

by the way, Izz rules :headbang:

Viadragon said:
If this is an April Fool's Day joke, someone will have to be seriously maimed. And forced to watch Justin Timberlake videos. Which may be one and the same punishment. :ill:

Kristin
Via dragoon...:hotjump:

Haha...it is a coincidence but it's true. I know Doug & PJ have been "in talks" about this for weeks now. Yay! Enchant at CalProg! Yay! :D

o_O

Oh CRAP...... I remember Ed saying something at IMusicast about a possible gig coming up with Keneally's band..... but July??....
:OMG:

Oy.... Damn, I'm just now paying off my last trip to Cally to see the boys....
Could I actually swing this again so soon?......

Hmmmm...... I have to see what I can do...... (besides MOVE to friggin California!! :loco: )

DAVE

I may have to try hard as hell to make this and actually now, I have a free airline ticket when i went to AZ with my family. I want to see PoS at PPUSA in September, but if i can do both and $450 toward airfares helps I could possibly do both. This may not entirely makeup for missing the IMUSICAST show, but atleast it may help. Maybe Enchant will have the chance to jam with Keneally or others.

Kyle

I was on Expedia.com earlier and the airline/hotel packages were pretty affordable. I'll still do more digging before I make my travel plans though because ideally I'd like to rent a car, rather than cab everywhere.

Burke, if you go, perhaps we can share some expenses, since we're both Sunrise, Florida guys.

Lurker - yeah that's something to consider.

First lemme see how things look to pan out... still alot up in the air (although my buddy Kevin who came with me last time - who I thought wouldn;t be up for another trip like this so soon - just emailed me back and was like 'Are we crazy enough to do this?' and sounding quite prepared to do just that:D ..)

Wonder when Doug or Ed will throw something up on here about this - and maybe more details too, like estimated set length, details about the venue and the surrounding location, etc......

By the way - while we're on a 'concert' topic, I've been REAL busy with work lately, but been meaning to put a post on here for all the people I got to meet and hang out with at the IMusicast show - in our conversations there, ProgPower came up more than once. Any of you folks interested in going? Two buddys of mine and I are in the final stages of our planning (lot easier than the IMusicast show - only a ten hour car ride this time - no transcoast flights!!). It really is an experience and a fun time - good chance to chekc out new bands oyu might not know as well. Hey Bill H! Can't be too far from you in Va Beach, man!

undefined Like Dave (Burke) said, we have to figure out details, but the more I read about who was gonna be there, and remembering what an awesome time we had last time (and the only time) we saw Enchant...well I knew have to try to make a real effort to see Enchant, the other Bands, and you fellow Enchant fans! <---Just as I got to this point of the reply, I realized, that (while at my current job) I may not be able to go. :yell: But this and many other things remind me of why I need to get another (and a better) job. I'm on hold as of now. :erk:

Burke said:
o_O
Hmmmm...... I have to see what I can do...... (besides MOVE to friggin California!! :loco: )
DAVE
Hmmm...good idea. And everything rises and sets in the right place over here ! :p

Well, I'm over it--I'm not feeling any more guilt about living so close to the musical action, Enchantedly speaking. Nor the fact that, working for a school, I have a summer vacation! (The pay sucks, but what good is money if it can't buy time off :err:. I'll have plenty of time to hitchhike back east for Progpower:loco: and lotsa time to find a park to sleep in!)

I'll be driving down to SoCal but don't know who I'll be dragging with me...someone who can handle 12 hours of Enchant, so maybe the kid--she'll be :erk: 16 by then, and could possibly have her :ill: license...then again, there IS a light in the trunk, and she has some books she needs to read...:D

:headbang: What a lineup!! Here we go again!!!!

Kristin
Via draggin'--all the way to ...Whittier??

OK Burke,

I'll leave the ball in your court for now. Three people in a hotel room costs less than two, so whether Kev's in or out, makes no diff to me. Same with rental cars. More people = less per person. Airfares are reasonable right now but I'll probably have to wait anyway until my June wedding is just about paid for, before I can buy my ticket. I shoulda got married last year when nothing else was going on. hehe

klondorwarrior said:
o man....8 hour drive from me, and My van would DIE haha.
Hmm....how tall are you? Mebbe you'll fit in the trunk... :cool:

What was I thinking...12 hours! Mapquest says a scant six, and in the carpool lane, perhaps five! heh heh heh!

Anyone else from the Bay Area planning to drive?

Kristin
via dragon, running on all four cyclinders...:loco: