CalProg News and Special Ticket Promotion

PapaJimH

Jan 31, 2004
The first two tiers of seat types have sold old and all we have left are “Standard” assigned seats. For a limited time we are offering a special on tickets: Buy a pair and get a free promotional CD while supplies last. You can specify your preference between
a) Spock’s Beard special promo pressing for Snow release by “team spock”. This features songs from throughout the albums up to and including Snow.
b) “When Worlds Collide – Inside Out Music Sampler Vol2”. This contains songs from various Inside Out recording artists including CalProg performers ENCHANT.

Reasons why you should come to CalProg:
- The incredible music of Mike Keneally, Enchant, Izz, Erik Norlander and Neal Morse
- 12 hours of prog related activities
- Performances from Keneally’s brand new album DOG
- Performances from IZZ’s brand new album Ampersand
- A rare opportunity to see Nick D’Virgilio and Neal Morse on the same stage
- Rare prog merchandise and paraphanalia
- Meet fellow prog-heads from all across the globe

Vendors: There is still space available for prog merchandise vendors. Please visit the website for details.

Check http://www.calprogday.com for up to the minute news and all details related to this event. You can also join the Yahoo Newsgroup CalProg to communicate with other attendees.

Thanks for your support and we’ll see you at CalProg!

Good morning, y'all!! My pair of tix may be sold...just waiting to hear back. Yes, I am still going to the gig. I managed to get ahold of a slightly better seat :Spin: and we've got our road trip all planned out. CALPROG is now less than one month away, and I'm dying to know who else is going. Any Enchanted ones want to meet up, perhaps hang out after the show?

I was looking for the Break thread, guess it's archived now. I just bought it at the iMusicast show, and lately have been listening to it nonstop. Every time I start to take it out of the player, I find myself thinking, nah, just one more time. The title song still grabs me the most, perhaps because I still recall hearing it live in Oakland. I remember my reaction...Doug sings?? Doug SINGS!! And My Enemy is amazingly powerful..the words..."the target's well within my sights...." the imagery is so strong..."I fear that I'm bound, I fear that I'm free"... great lines. And again, Doug sings...maybe there's a connection there! In the Dark is another one that's a grabber...gut-wrenching. Silence is awsome--talk about cutting like knives, it's short on words but really hits the heart. Well, stop me now...although I miss the current lineup, Break is awesome...

And now, back to Calprog...

Kristin
Via not so silent Dragon

I might be going depending on finances and whether the time it takes to get from LAX to the venue in Whittier is less than 45 min (the earliest a flight from Minneapolis to LAX that I have free via America West which I have a $250 voucher still, that must connect through AW's Hub in Phoenix, arrives at 11:10am. Some other flights arrive closer to 11:45 and Noon, and the festival begins at Noon. In order to save $ I would prefer to fly in Sat instead of Friday and pay for a hotel of course).

I just need to figure out how I can afford CalProg and these as well:
Ozric Tentacles in Milwaukee 7/27
Marillion in Chicago 10/2
ProgPowerUSA 9/18-9/18 in Atlanta..including Pain of Salvation and "Weapons of Mass Destruction" (Zak Stevens, Jon Oliva, Chris Cafferey, Steve Wacholz)..which I already have my ticket and am about to purchase airfare.

I just need to know how much it costs for a cab/shuttle from LAX to Whittier and the time, etc..how much of Erik Norlander might I miss. Otherwise, I'm all game for this, esp after missing the IMusicCast show after buying a ticket before hand anyway.

Sucks living in "Fly Over Land" aka Minneapolis, sometimes with big Prog events. Atleast CGT is coming here in the fall though :) .

Kyle

Soundscape said:
I just need to know how much it costs for a cab/shuttle from LAX to Whittier and the time, etc..how much of Erik Norlander might I miss. Otherwise, I'm all game for this, esp after missing the IMusicCast show after buying a ticket before hand anyway.

You should consider flying into John Wayne. It's usually cheaper, and should be much closer than flying into LAX.

Good luck!

Eric