Camel - Never Let Go

jaykeegan said:
Sometime before Christmas, Please. :lol:

i decided not to, i just dont care enough...and the quality of the recording isnt up to par with things id want to have on the internet...so maybe soon ill re-record it with the purpose of being heard. when i recorded the previous version, it was simply the song i chose to play for getting the recording levels right, not for the purpose of having that song itself recorded.

Land Of Grey And Pink said:
i decided not to, i just dont care enough...and the quality of the recording isnt up to par with things id want to have on the internet...so maybe soon ill re-record it with the purpose of being heard. when i recorded the previous version, it was simply the song i chose to play for getting the recording levels right, not for the purpose of having that song itself recorded.

Ah, That is a shame. Oh well, Hopefully someday in the future you will become bothered to re-record it and post it up here.

jaykeegan said:
Ah, That is a shame. Oh well, Hopefully someday in the future you will become bothered to re-record it and post it up here.

I might. I think i might actually just record all of airborn and post that on here instead, for i like that song more, and have more motivation to take the time to do that one obviously. But both are fun and i know them both very well, so either way it shouldnt be that much of a problem.

I might. I think i might actually just record all of airborn and post that on here instead, for i like that song more, and have more motivation to take the time to do that one obviously. But both are fun and i know them both very well, so either way it shouldnt be that much of a problem.

Yeah, That sounds good. I am looking foward to hearing it, If you decide to post it up.

he didnt learn his acoustic playing from camel.

and moonmadness is fantastic, try listening some more...not a bad track on there.

the more "guitar" oriented camel would be Mirage or The self Titled...but really any of them are a good example of latimers excellent knack for melody and near perfect phrasing with complete consistancy.
Where would you say he learnt his acoustic skills then? I can hear quite a bit of english folk and renaissance in there. I'll listen to Moonmadness some more.

strwdle said:
Where would you say he learnt his acoustic skills then? I can hear quite a bit of english folk and renaissance in there. I'll listen to Moonmadness some more.

He learned his acoustic skills from sitting in a guitar shop all day that he worked at playing on the guitars. thats why opeth's acoustic sound is unique and different a lot of the time....and why Opeth's acoustics sound nothing like camel's.

He learned his acoustic skills from sitting in a guitar shop all day that he worked at playing on the guitars. thats why opeth's acoustic sound is unique and different a lot of the time....and why Opeth's acoustics sound nothing like camel's.
Damn, I was hoping you'd give me some band names....

strwdle said:
Damn, I was hoping you'd give me some band names....

Well, i hear some nick drake influence in his playing, but primarily id recommend just messing around with weird fingerings and progressions, i bet thats how mikael came up with his unique aproach anyway.