Never Let Go = Benighted (Gotcha Mike)

Poison Godmachine

Atheistic Existentialist
Feb 3, 2002
Berklee College of Music
Visit site
I don't know how many of you have Camel's self titled album, but the song Never Let Go has the EXACT same first half of the first part as benighted. Of course I must admit I like what Mike did with the end of that part better than what camel did with it. I yelled at Mike last year in RI to "play some camel" and he said they just did, because he said ending credits was a big camel ripoff. Anyone know what camel song he was implying he borrowed from? Also, some strong "Day is Done" refrences in Patterns II... he even says day is done in the song :loco:

Buuuut, I don't care, for some reason this just makes me like opeth more. Oh well

Yeah, I saw that thread and thought about putting there. But that thread's title alone (the far-fetched part) made this not really fit there. Give it a listen and it's pretty obvious that mike tool it on purpose and not a subconcious thing and that this isn't "oh when I hear that it reminds me of an iron maiden song" kind of thing. Also, I thought I'd have a better chance of someone answering my question about ending credits if I started a new thread, as most people don't dig to the end of old threads. Oh well.

Poison Godmachine said:
I don't know how many of you have Camel's self titled album, but the song Never Let Go has the EXACT same first half of the first part as benighted. Of course I must admit I like what Mike did with the end of that part better than what camel did with it. I yelled at Mike last year in RI to "play some camel" and he said they just did, because he said ending credits was a big camel ripoff. Anyone know what camel song he was implying he borrowed from? Also, some strong "Day is Done" refrences in Patterns II... he even says day is done in the song :loco:

Buuuut, I don't care, for some reason this just makes me like opeth more. Oh well
Yeah, I've heard this several times before, maybe not on this board though? Anyway, I like both songs, and not enough of the Opeth is ripped off to bug me.

Poison Godmachine said:

Welcome to Planet Earth!

that's what I exactly meant... first that and than it is not a very unique discovery as ggggggu pointed out...

Have you not heard the bass-line in "All Around Me" by Landberk in "To Rid the Disease"?