Cameron Mizell's latest work

Good mix from cameron, not a fan of the band really though. But thats just me. Into some parts, not so much others.

Can anyone confirm if this is the same snare from The Browning record? He specifically asked me if he could use their snare on other albums and I specifically said "no fucking way". All of Cameron's snare sound exactly the same to me anyhow - very boxy and augmented to the point where it sounds almost like a bass drum.

Really like his work on the new Memphis May Fire record. But that record would also be awesome with a different sound, so it's mostly about the music for me on that one.
Not so much a fan of other stuff he put out so far...but I'm generally not huge on that kind of sound.

I checked this out and even though the snare in Cameron's mix is more prominent and seems heavier in the low mids, it still sounds like the same exact snare. Just used differently of course. So i'd say yeah, same snare.

Can anyone confirm if this is the same snare from The Browning record? He specifically asked me if he could use their snare on other albums and I specifically said "no fucking way". All of Cameron's snare sound exactly the same to me anyhow - very boxy and augmented to the point where it sounds almost like a bass drum.

Not the same snare, at least to my ears, kick & toms sound very similar though..

Meh, I'm over it. I could care less if he uses that snare on all of his mixes from now on, he never lets his snares breathe at all anyhow. It's not like you can even tell what the original snare sounded like on The Browning's final mix. Maybe I should just sell that one, since I'll never use it, even though it's one of my favorite snares I've ever recorded... haha :p

Meh, I'm over it. I could care less if he uses that snare on all of his mixes from now on, he never lets his snares breathe at all anyhow. It's not like you can even tell what the original snare sounded like on The Browning's final mix. Maybe I should just sell that one, since I'll never use it, even though it's one of my favorite snares I've ever recorded... haha :p

:OMG: +12345432345643456 PPPLLLEEEEAAAASSSEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

It's just a Kontakt instrument of 13 hard hits on Noah's Tama snare. What's the best place to put it up to host it? It's less than 5MB rar'd up. I don't want any money for it.

You can just hear the superior drummer in these songs. The hat is killing my ears. I liked the new Woe, Is Me single but like Mago said it's more because of the music than the production.

I liked Cameron's productions up until Birth.Eater which was REALLY fatiguing for my ears plus the guitar tone was just plain ugly. The Tide and Of Machines' album are the ones that stick as his best mixes... which were ironically one of his first when didn't put the same fucking snare on every record he did.
Hate to bash on him but it's just not the style of production that I like, it sounds overly compressed as well.
To make things worse he's doing the new The Color Morale record. I keep hoping the overall mix will sound much cleaner than his previous work but at the same time I don't have high hopes for it, production wise. Let's just hope their musical talent outweighs te production

EDIT: I think the The Browning snare might be on the new Woe Is Me single, just guessing tho.

Cheers for the sample Josh.

Not sure if I can hear it in Camerons new shit though. He's suppose to be sending me some new samples soon to make NKIs for him.