Decimatus - II (My latest work)

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
Hey guys, this is the latest release from Monolith Studios. Decimatus - II E.P and this track is off that E.P.

Produced -> Mixed my me and mastered at Crystal Mastering here in Melbourne.

Check them out, www.facebook.com/decimatusmetal

Would love your thoughts,
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds solid man. Digging the whole prodd. You did a great work on this. Only complaint would be that i like the vocals to be a bit higher. The snare should never be higher then the vocals :p And perhaps some more saturation on the guitars would have been nice. But really great mix, sounds a bit like a Ermin mix :p

Sounds solid man. Digging the whole prodd. You did a great work on this. Only complaint would be that i like the vocals to be a bit higher. The snare should never be higher then the vocals :p And perhaps some more saturation on the guitars would have been nice. But really great mix, sounds a bit like a Ermin mix :p

Thanks a lot dude! Much appreciated. And I won't lie.. I realized the vocals were a bit low a little too late. There was a bit of a hurry on getting the tracks exported in time to master it earlier. Aww well, you learn from these things haha. But yeah, I'm pretty happy with it overall.

NAWW I never know if that's a good thing or not considering I tend to aim for a completely different aesthetic than Ermz haha! But I'll take it as a good thing!

sounds really nice chris!
not digging the kick, and the vox are really a bit low, but overall it's really really solid, everything works together pretty nicely!

Apart from the "justice" Kick :p, it is VERY well done. Good job Chris. Great to listen too.

Consider being compared to Ermz a compliment, regardless of the direction you were going in. :)

Cheers Mago! And yes.. I agree about the vocals! shame I didn't pick up on it early on!

GH: True, being compared to Ermz is a good thing regardless lol, I guess I'm getting my shit together to a degree haha. As for the kick, that's 80% natural kick. Audix D6 made it clicky as fuck haha. That's the vibe we were aiming for though. But the album is going to be a different beast all together ^_^

Don't get me wrong Chris, I LOVE the Justice kick (it is what amazed me about that Met album back in '88 when I first heard it. Yeah I'm old as you know already, haha) and this one sounds great in the slower parts, just gets lost a little bit in the faster stuff. Kudos to you for not sampling replacing it 100%. Great job.