Harlott - Origin (Single released, Mixed at Monolith Studios)

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
Hey guys,
The guys from Harlott just released this single, 'Export Life' from their debut album ORIGIN. It was tracked and mixed at Monolith Studios, mastered by Joe at Crystal Mastering.

Hope you like it, it's thrash fucking tastic! You might recall Ermz mixed their EP, 'None' last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to sound great man, just listening on some bad speakers atm though. Not to fond of the aesthetics of that snare, a bit too roomy, and i prefer a bit more crack and snap, but thats just a personal reference . I like the vocalist, so fresh with some old trash vocals instead of boring screams.

So you are the cheaper competition to Ermin nowdays huh? :D

Thanks dude, much appreciated :) Honestly, I just couldn't get it to sound any snappier without it becoming WAY too machinegun-esque on the rolls. It was all played on an E-Kit so I had to do my best with it anyways. Yeah, Hudson is an absolute machine. Both on vocals and rhythms. It's awesome working with dudes like that!

Haha, if only... Nah, it seems Ermz is just getting too much work, and I'm becoming the go to guy when he's too busy lol. Which is fine by me. I'm happy being #2 to that guy :p

Nothing less than expected from a pairing of yourself and Harlott. Those guys really know what they're doing. It's great to hear Hudson growing as a performer too. There were so many confidence issues on the EP, but he came out great on both releases. I'm sure the rest of the album will sound great too.

Thanks Ermz, much appreciated. It's much too daunting following up anyone you've worked with previously.. Always provides a slight pre-cursor to pooing the old pants a little, let's hope Naberus don't come to me for anything lol.
Yeah, Hudson REALLY was the key to this album. Keeping him confident and in the zone at all times. I really think I pushed myself from a production stand point as well with this album when it came to vocal and lead guitar production. It really did just shape up so well as the recording process continued. The rest of the album is nothing but stellar, it really is one of the best Australian thrash releases I've heard in YEARS! :)