Trigger debut single, 'Ascension', mixed by me :)

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
Trigger just uploaded the single 'Ascension' from their upcoming EP which was recorded at Monolith Studios \m/

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally dig it man, both music and production!

I just wish the vocalist was a tiny bit more secure with the intonation, but it's really cool non the less!

Think it's the best mix I've heared from you so far! Just comes across as a nice unit! Congrats!

Cheers dude! Your input is always appreciated :D

Yeah for sure, this was his first recording and I definitely forced him out of his comfort zone. I wanted him to try stuff I knew he'd work into instead sticking to easier stuff etc. So hopefully from now until their album he makes the jump to being a confident singer :)

haha i was listening while writing and kinda get lost...at the end i was like, damn why did i never hear this trivium song before!

I LIKE! :D

Thanks again dudes \m/ Glad you're all liking it.

@rofl: Just a reverse vocal and verb with some EQ too, nothing special. It took me a while to get this mix finished, every song is pretty different, so getting things to gel was a bitch.

@soultrash: Haha, this one DOES sound very Trivium-esque, the rest aren't quite the same. But I'd say these guys remind me of Maiden + Trivium (overall) with influences even from Lamb Of God and Iced Earth on some tracks.