Can I get some feedback on my band?

Sorry, but I think the vocals are just way to monotonous for the AIC cover. And not in a good, drone-y way. They're just bland, soulless.

It's the honest, raw emotion Jerry puts into that tune, that makes it so great. He's not the greatest singer ever but he uses phrasing within his limitations. And that's exactly what your version is lacking IMHO. The doubling of the vocals brings that aspect even more upfront.

Maybe you should have tried tuning down to something that fits your range better, because your voice itself isn't bad. It's the lack of phrasing and melodic curve that makes it so slumberous.

Well, you're obviously not a singer first and it's quite a ballsy move to cover such an emotional song, so hats off for that (just alone for the fact that your not waaaaay of as far as note choice goes)!

And please don't view my criticism as a personal attack, I really only mean to help with constructive criticism.

Thanks man, that's the criticism I need and I agree with you. I planned on only doing vocals for that cover since I'm not a singer, but it's really hard to find one so I dunno, haha.

i keep getting forwarded to a facebook application when i try and listen.

Found a pretty good example of inflection, even though it's slight. Strange way to do this cover, but it's pretty good.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwCw1zOy1xA&feature=related[/ame]

Agreed, he did very well.

So I made that demo song a lot better, I think it has potential to mop the floor with Twilight Umbrage and I'll find a singer for it. The only thing thats bothering me "and this can be heard in TU" is that when I record Tin Whistle I get this really annoying background noise. If I take the rythem guitar out you can't hear it, and likewise with the Tin Whistle. But if I have both tracks going together the noise becomes audible, I can't figure out what the hell to do about this.

Thanks.

Can anyone give me a scale to learn other than pentatonics and major? Something easy to work with would be cool, trying to put a solo in this. I know it's ridiculous that after five or six years of guitar I only know two or three scales, but I'm lazy.

Try a harmonic minor/Phrygian dominant scale in whatever key you're playing in. It gives this sort of Middle-Eastern, haunting, semi-melancholy sound to it. It's my favorite.

Well it sounds like shit because I'm waiting to buy a laptop Friday before I mix it and mess with the guitars. The solos are improvised placeholders, used minor scale for the second one. This will be the last fruity folk metal song I make that's for sure. Harsh criticism welcome.

myspace.com/empiricmetal