Can i use my guitar poweramp as a PA amp??

Sep 8, 2005
This will sound noob but i need your help on this guys.

Im playing in a small club with my covers band, pure 70´s and 80´s rock, but we don´t have a pa System so we need to rent one, since the club don´t pay us a lot, at the end we are earning so little cash. so till we save some money and buy our own speakers and mixer, im thinking this:

I have this two channel Mosvalve guitar Power amp that i use with my psa preamp, so maybe i can use my friend´s 4 channel mixer, plug it to the poweramp input, then poweramp output to a peavey PA speaker i can get lended from a friend.

This will work?? without any damage?? we are just using the mixer for 3 vocal microphone as the club is really small.

Thanks in advance for any help guys, im such a noob for things like this.

That's a good question, actually, but yeah, I can't see why it wouldn't work. The only problem would be if you were planning on pumping anything other than a guitar through a guitar speaker cab, but since you're not, I doubt it'd be an issue.

Thanks dude!
I forgot this, i[m using a midi keyboard and my laptop too, so we have 3 Vocal Mics and the headphone output of my laptop connected to the mixer, so the mixer with all this will be plugged to the power amp, but i will not use my guitar cabinet, i want to plug in a Full range speaker enclosure with two 15 inch.

My doubt now is if the signal from the mixer will not damage my guitar power amp, and second, my guitar power amp will not damage the speaker enclosure?

Let's suppose that there's no issue with this, i had this idea.

I will plug the mixer to the A channel of the poweramp then the A output to the PA Speaker enclosure, and in the B channel my guitar, preamp, and B output to the guitar cabinet. what a mess huh?

not necessarily ideal, but i don't see why it wouldn't work

hell, an ex-roommate of mine was once using a crappy little 20W rogue practice amp to play a solo show with...then the PA he was using blew out, so he used an XLR-->TS converter to plug a mic into the low gain input of the amp with the guitar plugged into the high gain input, and played that way for over an hour.

Cool Guys, i´ll try this this week and see how it works maybe is a good solution ´til we get the proper thing.
i just hope not to screw anything.

colonel kurtz: nice story haha, i remember when i was younger, i tought that you could plug two guitars in one amp, we even used a home stereo for rehearsal, and old one that of course blew up after three or four rehearsals.

yea, i'm surprised the made it through...i had no idea he even did it - i was at work or off somewhere getting drunk at the time. he told me later and i was just like "sweet dude", and was actually kinda bummed it didn't die, because i wanted a new amp

Guess what guys?? it fucking worked!!! and pretty decent actually, sound was full and clear, much better than i expected. now i can play guitar and amplify our PA with the same Amp, hehe :headbang: