Can Judas Priest beat Painkiller?

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
"Judas Priest will begin work on a new album in October and it will be released in the spring. The current Priest lineup is officially as follows: singer Rob Halford, lead guitarist Glenn Tipton, lead guitarist K.K. Downing, bassist Ian Hill and drummer Scott Travis. The last record to feature this lineup was the legendary Painkiller opus from August, 1990."

Now that they are back together and recording a new album, can they beat or even come close to Painkiller again?

Halfords solo stuff had some awesome moments... Though a lot of filler too... Kinda like JP since he left, though less awesome methinks. Hmm...

"An all-encompassing world tour will follow. Meanwhile, on October 28, Columbia is releasing a 4CD box. As well, watch for a forthcoming two-DVD set with all the band's music videos and a DVD version of Priest... Live! filmed in Dallas, Texas, during the 1986 Turbo Tour."

Judas Priest cannot top Painkiller.

And that should be the end of this entire discussion.

Ladies and gentleman, id like to alert our affiliates that the show will be ending early tonight, goodnight :)

Not likely.. I'd be surprised if they surpassed Resurection!

Yes, the album will be better than Jugulator and Demolition - but they didn't need Halford to do that.
Halford will triple album and merch sales, and make the tour a huge success. He will also force Tipton to write for Judas Priest again, rather than himself.

No they can't. Simple as that. I'm sure the new album will still be a great one though :headbang:.

Spawn, is there any more info about what's on this box set? My Mum was singing along to "Breaking The Law" yesterday, and I'd like to get her something for Christmas that we can both enjoy ;).

W

Nope. Not even close.

But the new album will rock and be great. Having Halford back in the writing team with KK and Glenn, and having the whole "reunion" vibe happening will mean there will automatically be some degree of the whole "return to the classic sound" type thing happening. Which is good :) Well it was bad when it happened to Kiss because Psycho Circus was a piece of crap, but I'm sure Judas Priest will "deliver the goods"!

Yep :) And the albums without the original lineup were better too. From the early '80 to the early '90s was Kiss at their best. So their reunion just came and disrupted a good thing.

No news about whats in the 4-cd set, im guessing a greatest hits and rarities thing though, seeing as they only just reissued every JP cd already...

I'm buying it anyway. A box set is a great way to get through a Sunday afternoon while posting stuff on here and waiting for all my files to finish downloading.

What a fun-packed life I lead :rolleyes:

(sings) "Mild nights, boring lazy days..."

W