Can someone Help me trigger double bass pedal???

xmortumx

Jun 17, 2008
Well i been mixing my bands demo but im really dissatisfied with the double bass pedal trigerrign sounds to fake.:eek:

i recently bought the steven slate samples so i been using the metallica kick but when it comes to double bass pedal it sounds horrible.

can any one give me pointers how they trigger their drums??/
Im using Drumagog and what i generally do is i copy the original kick track and i had drumagog to that copy track and i mixed both the original track and the trigger... but for some reason its not cutting it.. something is really missing i dont know if its the original kick track or what but yeah... :(

Ima post a clip of the rough mix drums so you guys can hear my crappy triggering skills maybe you guys can point me out my mistakes.

https://files.getdropbox.com/u/728056/drums1.mp3

I'm not a Drumagog user, but is there a way to adjust the sensitivity or velocity? I assume there ism seeing how popular it is. That'll do the trick, methinks. Also, blending the sample rather than doing 100% replacement, and adjust the sample level to taste.

Sounds to me like you need to adjust the attack sensitivity and probably the threshold in Drumagog. It really sounds as though only a few hits are actually being triggered and the rest of them are just being filled in by the actual miked sound. You're really better off starting out with a 100% mix of the triggered signal (ie. muting the miked track for the time being) until you get Drumagog triggering 100% correctly. The graphical tab in Drumagog is very useful when trying to work out the right balance of threshold and attack.

+1 to the above

it sounds like drumagog is not getting a consistent level of hits from your triggers. try adding a compressor or limiter before drumagog so that it completely smashes the transients, to the point of serious internal clipping! that way drumagog is getting a consistent level of hits at maximum volume, causing only the hardest sampled hits to play. then adjust sensitivity and all that accordingly.

I don't know drumagog. Those suggestions were just general.
And they are definitely good general suggestions!

I don't wanna sound like an arsehole to the OP but it kinda sounds like you might just be thinking if you stick an instance of Drumagog on a track that it will magically work for you. Even though it's against the male predisposition to do this, reading the manual works wonders.

And they are definitely good general suggestions!

I don't wanna sound like an arsehole to the OP but it kinda sounds like you might just be thinking if you stick an instance of Drumagog on a track that it will magically work for you. Even though it's against the male predisposition to do this, reading the manual works wonders.

+1

+1 to the above

it sounds like drumagog is not getting a consistent level of hits from your triggers. try adding a compressor or limiter before drumagog so that it completely smashes the transients, to the point of serious internal clipping! that way drumagog is getting a consistent level of hits at maximum volume, causing only the hardest sampled hits to play. then adjust sensitivity and all that accordingly.

You could always set the dynamic tracking setting to 0%. Should be helluva lot easier.