drum trigger

scorpio01169

Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
hey i am kinda new to replacing drums...have always just used the sounds i recorded from real drums. but i have KT drum trigger and im not liking it....what are you guy using for replacing drums ? i tried to do a search on the topic but i got nothing

I've recently started just replacing all the drums by pasting in at hit points (cubase sx)/tab to transient(protools)

it sounds rediculouse but it's HYPER acurate and only takes about half an hour per song.... i totally recomend it

and it is essentially free!!!!

C.

carl@laruso.com said:
I've recently started just replacing all the drums by pasting in at hit points (cubase sx)/tab to transient(protools)

it sounds rediculouse but it's HYPER acurate and only takes about half an hour per song.... i totally recomend it

C.

Perhaps it is time for you to have sex with a real woman. :)

carl@laruso.com said:

C.

Could u please give a detailed explanation of how u do in CUBASE WITH THE HIT POINTS ??? PLEASE ??

and the shortcuts ???

here it is :

*duplicate the track
*open the region by double cliking it,
*calculate hit points... set the sensitivity higher than necesary (all the hitpoints must register mistriggers matter not! as you just skip them by eye)
*right click the region an go hitpoints-create markers from hit points
*put the sample you want onto the clipboard
*now just start at the begining and ctrl/v to paste and ctrl/n or ctrl/b to go forward or backwrad respectivly
*also ctrl/m opens marker window to manage your markers (remember to remove them after you've done each track.)
*then delete the track under the triggers.....ta daaa!!!!

sounds crazy but seriously only takes about 30min to do a whole song tomms 'n all

hope that helps yo!

C.

Hmm...but wouldn't that be very fake sounding since it would be the same sample for every hit, for instance on the kick..? I would imagine this is a good way to go about replacing sounds, but really only if you have more than one sample to replace with...that's just me though.

~e.a

elephant-audio said:
Hmm...but wouldn't that be very fake sounding since it would be the same sample for every hit, for instance on the kick..? I would imagine this is a good way to go about replacing sounds, but really only if you have more than one sample to replace with...that's just me though.

~e.a
Yeah exactly. There's a reason why nobody does it manually that way. You can get a much better result, much faster with SoundReplacer, Drumagog, etc.

elephant-audio said:

~e.a

u can use multisamples and put them in the pool and just change the samples whenever u want too

i've seen a mate of mine do it on pro tools copying and pasting multisamples with tab to transient and it's hands down way more natural than sound replacer or drumagog

Carl.

Thank u sooooo much, u have no idea how much i need that shortcut to overcome the teasing of my mates who use pro tools !!!

yay.

and cheers again for sharing

I figured as much about using multiple samples. I'll have to try this method out when I get a chance as Drumagog really eats CPU resources like nobody's business.

~e.a

^^ it's not so much drumagog's CPU eating sources than make me use this method cos u can print the audio track with drumagog and cut down on cpu or use freeze , it's more like the accuracy of chossing whatever sample u want at whatever hitpoint that makes it's worth doing and spending the time for perfection and it's easier to make it sound natural rather than telling drumagog to use different thresholds for different samples.

Glad it was of help... i use it ALL THE TIME!!!!!

also it works with one sample on the kick as you get all the chaos you need from the real kick and over heads

snare wise.... i always use 4 samples and alternate in 4 passes...again the chaos really comes from mic-ing the snare properly and the overheads

another trick is using automation on the volume and to hit a copressor harder and softer etc

Yo. C

hitpointsmenu.jpg

I don't have a "create markers from hitpoints" option in Cubase SX. Any ideas?

~e.a