drum kit from hell- what do you guys think?

jamesboyd

andy's bitch
Aug 17, 2003
new zealand
Visit site
I haven't replaced any real drum takes with dfh just yet but plan on replacing the kick and snare with some of the samples soon(cause real drum sounds suck :erk: )

have any of you tried it out? what do you think?

peace

The DFH sounds are good and I was really stoked with them at first but I've never really liked the kick sounds much. It also depends on what software your using too. I 've had a damn hard time getting SoundReplacer to react the way a trigger brain does and since you can't really make adjustments in real time there tends to be a fair amount of undo-ing going on (I guess that's more of a sound replacer complaint). In my experience w/ DFH it also seems to need more eqing than other trigger sounds but that could just be me.

egan. said:
The DFH sounds are good and I was really stoked with them at first but I've never really liked the kick sounds much. It also depends on what software your using too. I 've had a damn hard time getting SoundReplacer to react the way a trigger brain does and since you can't really make adjustments in real time there tends to be a fair amount of undo-ing going on (I guess that's more of a sound replacer complaint). In my experience w/ DFH it also seems to need more eqing than other trigger sounds but that could just be me.

One word "Drumagog". I tried it out the other day and its fukin awesome. Its a directX plug in that acts exactly like triggers and u can choose the samples

Hi and hello,

I'm new on this board.

DFH is pretty good for metal tracks.

I agree with this statement, but it also works on Rock/Pop music. It's the way to use it.

Buy the way, what are the best samples to replace real drums?

I think kick and snare are easy to sound good by samples, but I have a lot of promblems with tom samples.
Anyone on the board, who can tell me good tom samples. (need 3 toms and one floor tom)

Sorry for my english!!!

Thanx

Alex

I mostly do my own samples. I did some drumkits for the LINPLUG Drumsampler RMIV.
You need good toms and a good tuning. If you want the typical flapp sound of metal toms, tune the heads very low. The lower the front head, the more the attack.
Put all mics you've got in front of the drum and try!

Vielleicht kann ich dir helfen. meld dich mal.