Can someone recommend me a decent MIDI keyboard?

Jun 2, 2005
With a new PC and omnisphere on the horizon, i really need a decent MIDI keyboard.
I had one of these previously:

http://www.cme-pro.com/products-list/product-uf.html

But had to sell because i was not really impressed by it, felt a bit cheap to me and i just never really used it... the keys were too light for me, they had no weight to them.

What is top of the line these days? what is good for the money and does not feel cheap?

I've got an Axiom 49 on my desk in the studio and I use an Axiom 61 live. They're fantastic keyboards and I think they have the best feeling keys outside of an 88. If you're OK with something enormous, the Keystation Pro 88 is also wonderful.

I've got an Axiom 49 on my desk in the studio and I use an Axiom 61 live. They're fantastic keyboards and I think they have the best feeling keys outside of an 88. If you're OK with something enormous, the Keystation Pro 88 is also wonderful.

i had the keystation 88 and switched to the akai mpd 49 and havent been happier in years tons of assignable controls and good feel

Yeah I'm looking to get a midi keyboard too.. I'll be looking to compose a lot of electronic dubstep type of stuff, and obviously i'll be able to do my music tech course stuff from home! Was the thinking of the Axiom but would the 25 key be enough, or is it worth spending the extra £40 to get the 49 key (it seems to take up a lot of room)?