Can we get som honest feedback on the new tunes????

Mar 2, 2009
Utah
We recently posted some demo clips from the pre-production tracks from "Resurrect the Insurgence". Can anybody give us some constructive feedback on the tunes?
-Bizzaro

Hm...well, I've heard the new songs in full, but I'm not sure I should be giving any feedback on them in a public forum. I don't want to let any spoilers slip that could jeapordize you guys getting a record deal (as I said earlier, there are some things about that I don't fully understand, I'd rather err on the side of caution and not ruin anything!) but I certainly have my two favorites of the four.

I really, REALLY like Crash Down. I also like Far Too Long. The demos don't sound perfect to me (a few very minor things), but I'm not in a band, nor do I have a lot of experience, so I'm not sure how useful my opinion is. I do think the finished product will be outstanding. I already think the songs are pretty great and will be a break for you guys.

Hm...well, I've heard the new songs in full, but I'm not sure I should be giving any feedback on them in a public forum. I don't want to let any spoilers slip that could jeapordize you guys getting a record deal (as I said earlier, there are some things about that I don't fully understand, I'd rather err on the side of caution and not ruin anything!)
but I certainly have my two favorites of the four.

THANKS BY THE WAY!
I too, would hate to spoil anything. Yes, there are imperfections on the DEMO's because they are just that. There are a few things that still make me cringe about my own performance, one such thing is in one of the four clips out for display. I should also mention I really like those songs too!
-Bizzaro

Honest feedback- the samples are too short. I realize they are only meant to be snippets, but the are over far too quickly.
"Crash Down" & "Far Too Long" are great melodic rockers. Nice harmony vocals in the latter.
"Get Awesome" & "I Am Change" highlight a broadened progressive approach in your writing. The acoustic interlude in "Get Awesome" following the frenetic drumming is seamless and is a fine representation of the bands' talent in both playing and writing. Kudos.

Honest feedback- the samples are too short. I realize they are only meant to be snippets, but the are over far too quickly.
"Crash Down" & "Far Too Long" are great melodic rockers. Nice harmony vocals in the latter.
"Get Awesome" & "I Am Change" highlight a broadened progressive approach in your writing. The acoustic interlude in "Get Awesome" following the frenetic drumming is seamless and is a fine representation of the bands' talent in both playing and writing. Kudos.

I agree that they are a little short.... But I'm sure you can understand that we've got to approach this with almost a " virgin's wedding night" like anticipation. We obvously can't give it all away before it's time, or everyone won't care to buy it when it released.
I'm trying to remember how far the clip on Get Awesome goes, but just to let you in.... I do a drum solo folowing the clean to heavy trade off section.
I've been doing them live, if you check out you tube there there is one improvised "get awesome" drum solo. There is a second, (different) solo posted on my face book page. Get on there and check them out.
I don't know if you know this.... But these are the first drum solos to ever come out of the band, Matt Suiter never really cared for them.
-Bizzaro

Right on, thanks for the great feedback Ken!!! :kickass::headbang:
Glad you enjoy what your hearing so far, and hopefully the finished product will surpass your expectations.

BTW - your shirts are on thier way to you! :saint:

Just a quick question, do you plan on producing and recording the actual new c.d. at your studio, or just these pre-production demos? This being your fifth time at doing an album, I am sure you have picked up the tricks of trade to get it done.

Just a quick question, do you plan on producing and recording the actual new c.d. at your studio, or just these pre-production demos? This being your fifth time at doing an album, I am sure you have picked up the tricks of trade to get it done.

That's a good question!

On our past albums, everything would be recorded, mixed and (sometimes) mastered by former guitarist Curtist Morell at his Streamline Recording Studios near downtown Salt Lake City. And in some cases, employ the asssitance of a fine gentleman by the name of Mike Fowes to help with engineering/producer duties. Although we've done this several times, learned a few tricks and techniques, there come a point for a much needed change in order to stay interesting.

This next album is going to be done quite a bit differently this time around… First of all, the album will be recorded at my studio (dubbed the Kat Kave) in Midvale, which is in the south suburb's of Salt Lake. Secondly, and for the first time in the bands career, the mixing and mastering will be handled by someone outside of the band, (and outside of Utah!) and by a real pro well known for his quality and ear for metal.

I can't mention who it is at the moment as were still working out the details with him, and I can't even hint at the bands this individual has worked with since it would be a dead give away. However, he has agreed to work with us, and we feel he will bring a new and more exciting element to the bands sound!

Cheers!

Hi, Ken!

Thanks for joining the forum, and thanks for checking out the clips! Yes, they are a bit short, but I think Bizzaro explained the reasoning behind that quite well. I personally hope that these clips won't be too old by the time the real deal gets released. Unfortunately, this band seems to be plagued by problems beyond our control. I told Dustin earlier this year that we are "The Charlie Brown of Progressive Metal," and I think we've come to embrace that idea. Rest assured, though, that none of these obstacles will stop us from achieving our goal. As long as folks like yourself remain eager to hear new music from this band, we will strive to get it out to you.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

This next album is going to be done quite a bit differently this time around… First of all, the album will be recorded at my studio (dubbed the Kat Kave) in Midvale, which is in the south suburb's of Salt Lake. Secondly, and for the first time in the bands career, the mixing and mastering will be handled by someone outside of the band, (and outside of Utah!) and by a real pro well known for his quality and ear for metal.

I can't mention who it is at the moment as were still working out the details with him, and I can't even hint at the bands this individual has worked with since it would be a dead give away. However, he has agreed to work with us, and we feel he will bring a new and more exciting element to the bands sound!

I am glad to learn this, because mixing and mastering ruined the sound of "Hymns of Dissension". I am eager to listen the new album. :)

I am glad to learn this, because mixing and mastering ruined the sound of "Hymns of Dissension". I am eager to listen the new album. :)

I was an outsider for "Hyms" So I have to agree with you, I really think that production was a step backward from "The Rising Anger". Since I was not a part of those albums, hopefully I'm immune from catching any flack for saying so.
-Bizzaro