Can you help me with this?

TrueBeliever

michael
Jun 8, 2002
london
I'm attempting to help my brother with something for school, and he is looking for a song with lyrics that deal with an event from American history from the past 40-50 years. Unfortunately it has to be about a specific American event, which limits the possibilities. It can be any song though, as long as it is bereft of profanity.

That's a tough one, but here's my first suggestion:.......................I think "The Rooster" by Alice In chains, is a great song with way cool lyrics, Layne wrote the song about his Dad in The Viet Nam War, & I don't think the lyric's are offensive, as I recall..................Lets see what everyone else comes up with? But this sounds like a winner.................:) :)

So far the best looking is Sodom, but I can't find any mp3s anywhere. I've asked a few people, noone seems to have them either.

I'm trying to think of a song for you..I have a pretty major resource relating to stuff like this..soo give me a couple of days to tap it and I'll get back to ya!

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
That's a tough one, but here's my first suggestion:.......................I think "The Rooster" by Alice In chains, is a great song with way cool lyrics, Layne wrote the song about his Dad in The Viet Nam War, & I don't think the lyric's are offensive, as I recall..................Lets see what everyone else comes up with? But this sounds like a
winner.................:) :)

Actually, Jerry Cantrell wrote it. "Rooster" is or was his
dad's nickname.

-OfficerNice