Can you please rate this 15 seconds guitar sound?

aviel

Aug 2, 2011
Just got a Reamp box,a DI and everything.

what do you think of the outcome? is it too bassy? i find that it have some extra lows that may be caused because of my untreated bedroom..

how's that sound?

i know it not even in a mix... just want to have a basic opinion.

guitar is ESP eclipse.

Edit: i didnt stated it, buts it a miced cab of course :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Think it sounds very balanced. Reminds me of Randy Rhoads' tone

Thats coool! A few things annoys me. i would like some more low end with less low mids. But i already feel it lacks some attack and im afraid adding bass will make it worse

I tried to pick really hard. how will you suggest playing more agresively?

It's a well balanced tone.

IMO playing agressively demands dynamics. If you play everything hard then it'll sound like every note is equally hard and doesn't give the illusion of being agressive. IMO this is you personal rhythm guitar swagger and you should come up with your own dynamics. Personally I listen to the drum rhythm and point out the notes that go well with the beat.

Yeah I agree its a mostly balanced tone if thats what you are looking for. But if you want some specific character to the tone then a little tweaking should do it from there.

What do you have the mids and presence at? Are the "bright" and "bottom" buttons on? Do you have a Tube Screamer going into the amp?

One thing you definitely want to avoid is building a tone in a vacuum. It's really easy to come up with what sounds like a great tone only to find that it doesn't cut it in a mix. So before you start EQing your tone record some bass and drums with it, then listen to how it sounds.

thanks all for your comments.. i do look for some edge or something special in the tone.. but i agree that i have to play maybe more dynamicly, and i completly accept what klark said, didnt ever stop to think about it that way. mids were at noon, bottom was off (bottom bring in too much low end), presence was way down, ar around 9 o clock.

but when briginhg it to a mix, so many things can affect the sound...

ok just tried to put it a 10 second mix i did and recorded some crappy bass line, how does it sits now?

not a bit powerless?

The levels between the individual instruments sounds good and balanced, but the guitars seem somewhat underpowered sounding to me.

thanks guys,
is it any better now? less bass mainly..