Rate this guitar tone...(Krank Revolution)

Keregioz

Kimon Zeliotis
Aug 31, 2001
Athens, Greece
Visit site
Hello guys,

I need some opinions to help me improve this guitar sound.
It was recorded using a Krank Revolution into Mesa Traditional Cab, sm57 into firepod. Guitarhack was kind enough to reamp it, i only have a podxt:erk:. I think he also used an overdrive pedal in front.
So, the tone I'm trying to achieve here is nevermore's "dead heart"...am I even close? :lol:

http://www.sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/Keregioz/SampleKrankRev.mp3

I personally think that getting the Dead Heart... tone from a Krank is almost impossible, since the guitar tone on that album is a very natural Mesa Rectifier tone.

I am not saying that Kranks are bad or anything, but in getting that guitar tone, a Mesa Rectifier is almost a must, since that album has that unique Recto tone.

I personally think that getting the Dead Heart... tone from a Krank is almost impossible, since the guitar tone on that album is a very natural Mesa Rectifier tone.

I am not saying that Kranks are bad or anything, but in getting that guitar tone, a Mesa Rectifier is almost a must, since that album has that unique Recto tone.

Yes of course...I'm aware of that. It's just that I wasn't able to get someone to reamp the guitar tracks with a mesa yet, so I'm trying to get the best result with what I have.