Docile, new song. First RME octopre recordings

GeertSamuel

Jan 29, 2006
Nieuw-Buinen, The Netherlands
Here's the link:
http://www.sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/funkyanimal/EmbodimentofLies.mp3

Some recording info:
Snare - SM57 (into RME)
Snare bottom AV Jeve (into SM Pro Audio)
Toms - MD421's (4x into RME)
Kicks - Triggers (with sample of 25% sneap kick and my own MMX kick made with MD421 + D112)
Hihat + Ride - Beyerdynamic Opus 53
Overheads: Rode NT5 (pair)

Guitar:
Ritchie Blackmore on Kool & Elfring cab (V30) with MD421
Krank reamp by GuitarHack (thanks!!)

Bass:
DI with TS9 in between

Vocals:
Rode NT1A

Sample, put together with different samples...
Subdrop: classic 808 sample..

Allready heard it on the myspace.. i thought it sounded real good man! you definitly made improvements, hot damn!
Like the snare and kick sound, overall mix is good too.. mastering by colin right?

It's kind of a drum heavy mix. At least the OHs can come down quite a bit. Bass can come up some. Good job though, drums sound nice.

it seems like there's no low end at all. The bass needs to come up alot. I like the guitar tone though.

The bass was actually really sucky in the end to actually use. It was a bass track that didn't have much actual bass. If you actually listen to it, the bass pops out a couple of times just to much, but it isn't even pumping in the low section... Probally next time just get a descent bass & sansamp..

Allready heard it on the myspace.. i thought it sounded real good man! you definitly made improvements, hot damn!
Like the snare and kick sound, overall mix is good too.. mastering by colin right?

Thanks, yeah, offcourse, I got to learn man someday, glad people notice it. :).. I'm really stoked with the improvements. Also very happy with the RME. I was out for the Audient, but the guy just didn't give me the same deal as you (by far). So went for this, also bought the Kool & Elfring cab so I actually spreaded it out a bit more..

Since I actually am not that good of a guitar player (not at all!) and play drums, have drums here, all the recording equipment here etc.etc. I do the opposite of what the most guys here do. I experiment with drums a lot instead of guitar so I get better drum sounds...but then again, still my guitar tracks suck most of the time. Glad this one came out ok. But I wish I could get some more amps to play with besided the blackmore..

Yep, mastering was done by colin.

It's kind of a drum heavy mix. At least the OHs can come down quite a bit. Bass can come up some. Good job though, drums sound nice.

Thanks. Yeah I noticed that also afterwards, that cymbals could come down a bit, but I actually kinda dig the sound that the china's have in the "smashing" part in the beginning.. :)