Latest work: UK death metal band Oscene Entity (lolzgreg reamps!)

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Jan 31, 2010
Cambs, UK
www.numbskullaudio.com

Just finished their 5 track EP. This is one of the songs from it. If you like it, find them on Facebook, they're an awesome band! Loved every minute of working with these guys.

I produced, tracked, mixed, and mastered. Greg (of lolzgreg fame) re-amped like a motherfucker, as always! \,,/ I'll let him give details of guitars if he wants to chime in! ;)

Drums were:
Rode NT5 on overheads
D6 on kick
D2 and D4 on toms and floor tom respectively
Sm57 and i5 on snare
Shure PG81 for Ride
Joe Meek JM27 on hats

All into my Pro40 and Octopre

Kick was blended with an LSD sample and one of my own
Snare was a blend of the natural snare, some random one, and a Slate snare (snare 9 I think) for the crack!
Toms were... something, I can't remember now, but quite a high blend since they didn't really come out as well as I'd hoped and we had very limited studio time for drum tracking :(

Anyway, if I've forgotten anything please ask! Cheers :wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds sick. Great song, I think I have to check that band :D

My fav of the mix are the drums. They sound really great and huge while keeping the natural feeling.
Guitars are sick too. But I already expected that when I read they were reamped by greg ;)

Possibly, but I have a feeling it might be the Baron, not sure.

Sounds sick. Great song, I think I have to check that band :D

My fav of the mix are the drums. They sound really great and huge while keeping the natural feeling.
Guitars are sick too. But I already expected that when I read they were reamped by greg ;)

Thank you man, the drums were something I really concentrated on with these guys, because the drummer is super tight and I wanted to really let him shine whilst still complimenting the mix!

Great mix and great theme.

I love those toms, they have a strong transient but they still maintain a nice roundness on the low mids.

Thanks tomas,

Nuno, I guess they are yeah, but the band were happy with everything at that level! Even the overly-protective drummer who was obsessed with the guitars not being too loud! :lol: