First quick drum test recording w/ Audix mics (Tama Starclassic)

I'm going to mix this a bit.

I must ask, is that kick sound a result of the D6, or does the kick really sound like that? How do you get your kick to sound like that? lol

Here's my attempt

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=13395

The left overhead isn't loud enough in your recording, or it isn't placed properly. Even the hi-hat was louder in the right overhead. I raised the left overhead volume to compensate and stereo image properly. I also "phase" inverted the overheads because they were phase canceling and taking away bass from the kick and snare.

Are those heads on the drums the stock heads that came with the Tama? (Which i think it is)

Get rid of 'em! Seriously, there is a huge difference between the cheap made Taiwanese Evans stock heads that comes with the drumkit then the real Evans heads you buy in the store. But i'm more of a Aquarian fan meself :)

For a second i thought the snare still sounded the same when i realised u used the first drum track :D

Try with the tracks i uploaded ;-)

For the bass drum, you can look what i said in my post, but i'll add that i put a traditional pellow in it against the front head and i tune the reso head quite high.

Are those heads on the drums the stock heads that came with the Tama? (Which i think it is)

Get rid of 'em! Seriously, there is a huge difference between the cheap made Taiwanese Evans stock heads that comes with the drumkit then the real Evans heads you buy in the store. But i'm more of a Aquarian fan meself :)

Yeah i'm changing these to Remo emperor real soon don't worry ;-)

I'm also trying the Aquarian Hi-Energy head on the Starclassic Performer snare.
It's the same Chris Adler uses i think