Remix of old song - Old School death metal kinda

theunknown1

Jul 28, 2011
Hi guys!
I decided to do a remix of one of my bands old songs since I was not really happy with the orginal mixes.

Everything is produced, recorded, mixed and masterd by me. Recorded this on an Neotek mixer in a quite small but okey studio. I play the drums in the band. Also did the vocals on this.

Drums: Tama Starclassic 100% birch
Kick: Beta 52 and Audix D6
Snare: 2x SM57
Toms: Audix D4
Overheads: Oktava mk012
Room: AKG C414

Guitars: Peavey 5150 with tubescreamer. One sm57 of axis.

Bass: Line and Soft tube bass amp.

Vocals: Oktava 319 Jolly mod.

Please tell me what you think! (Both about the mix and music)

Cheers /Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar to my set-up haha.
It sounds great dude. Guitars could be a bit more grand. They're a tad dull, Perhaps a CLA-2 on them would brighten them up and bring out some nice harmonics.

Similar to my set-up haha.
It sounds great dude. Guitars could be a bit more grand. They're a tad dull, Perhaps a CLA-2 on them would brighten them up and bring out some nice harmonics.

Thanks alot! It´s a good set-up isn't? :)
Yeah I get what you mean. But I kinda think it fits the mix. But we´ll see if I get the energy to do some more remixing some day haha. Thanks for listening.

Cheers!

Okey so I finally feel kinda satisfied with a mix. Posted it in the first post. At least it got alot better then the orginal mix so I guess I have to give up.

It´s so damn hard to mix your own music. You have so much ideas in your head how you want it to sound. Always alot easier to mix a clients music hehe..

I just finished mixing the other song of the demo aswell. Can be heard here:

I´ll apreciate any input :)

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: