indent.gif
javascript:top.mainFrame.location='links.asp'

indent.gif
hdr_news.gif
indent.gif
indent.gif
indent.gif
GOODBYE DOOMLOVERS!!

We are truly sorry to inform you that Candlemass have disbanded!
This is sad news for us and everybody else that love this fantastic band.
There will be no more gigs, no new album, no more doom!
This is it... ..finished..........zero...........nada........out!!!

Despite the tremendous success of the reunion, everything hasn’t been perfect.
Tiny cracks in the façade could be seen during the first round in the summer of 2002 because members of the band do not share the same vision of C-mass, the gigs, an eventual new album, democracy etc, and last year it became clear that the indifferences were too large to overcome.
A demo was recorded but the internal problems overshadowed the fun of playing. The gig at Klubben (Stockholm) nov. 29 came to be the last and final for Candlemass.

The band have tried to save the situation. There have been meetings and discussions, but unfortunately it hasn’t been possible for the five members to agree on how Candlemass could work in the future. The members would have loved to continue but the chemistry is just not there anymore.
The magic is gone.........................

(19/5 2004)

oh well the news are not that bitter
They wouldnt make any better record than the ones they already did. Also Leif Edling kept all his ideas for Krux, so we probably listened to the album that Candlemass would probably release.
I am very very very very very happy that i saw them 3 times after their reunion (and especially in their first after-reunion gig, that took place in Athens). Thats the value i think reunions have - see the band performing live .Glory to them.

IOfTheStorm said:
oh well the news are not that bitter
They wouldnt make any better record than the ones they already did. Also Leif Edling kept all his ideas for Krux, so we probably listened to the album that Candlemass would probably release.
I am very very very very very happy that i saw them 3 times after their reunion (and especially in their first after-reunion gig, that took place in Athens). Thats the value i think reunions have - see the band performing live .Glory to them.

agreed. i'm happy i got to see them at the BWBK fest last summer...

gosh, this is terrible. Now, I won't be able to sleep tonight, and I'll probably break out in hives, and acne. I won't be able to achieve an erection for at least a week and my appetite will wane to the point I'll lose several pounds!

it's MUSIC, people, two or three good bands could come out of things like this. look on the bright side!

well Leif Edling's "doom" bands had big differences in their sound
Candlemass, Abstract Algebra, Krux.
One would want to be like old Candlemass, the other like Krux, the other darker, the other more technical, the other more progressive ... who knows. Doom has a huge sound variety.