CANDLEMASS To Issue Collection Of Demos, Studio Outtakes - Oct. 21, 2002

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
CANDLEMASS To Issue Collection Of Demos, Studio Outtakes - Oct. 21, 2002

CANDLEMASS will issue a 22-track double album early next year containing demos and studio outtakes spanning the group's entire career. Tentatively titled "The Black Heart Of Candlemass — Leif Edling Demos And Outtakes '83-99", the collection will also include material from mainman Leif Edling's pre-CANDLEMASS project NEMESIS and his short-lived ABSTRAKT ALGEBRA collaboration with ex-YNGWIE MALMSTEEN singer Mats Leven (who is once again playing with Leif in a new band called KRUX — debut album out soon).

"People and fans have been on to me about these demos for about 15 years now," Edling stated when asked why he decided to make the recordings available to the public. "I see no reason why not put it out as a nice collection. It's a good time now, CANDLEMASS is going again and there is a great interest in the band at the moment.

"The CANDLEMASS fans are very interested in everything I have done and recorded - in CANDLEMASS, ABSTRAKT ALGEBRA and NEMESIS," Edling continued. "They wanna hear stuff from the vaults and maybe discover some cool songs…..get perspective. In almost every interview I do they ask me about NEMESIS or ABSTRAKT ALGEBRA."

With regards to what the fans can expect to hear on the upcoming collection, Edling said: "The live version of 'Lucifer' is killer! I also dig 'Warchild' from the first CANDLEMASS demo. There are some incredible ABSTRAKT ALGEBRA demos here, including the never-released studio track, 'Remulus and Romus', which I like very much! Most [of the] stuff sounds really good. I would never release something that is crap! Of course some of the songs were left out for a reason, but nevertheless, the overall quality of songs and sound is great. Even the NEMESIS stuff from 1983."

"The Black Heart Of Candlemass — Leif Edling Demos And Outtakes '83-99" will be released in Europe through Sweden's GMR Music Group. At this time, there are no plans to issue the CD in North America.

Gimme a break! You know you don't like CANDLEMASS! You just say you do 'cause Warrel does.