Candy's Gone Bad

BushmasterM4

Old Fart
Sep 12, 2007
This is a cover of a cover. :) Original was done by Golden Earing. A band called The Godz did a cover. I never heard the original, but I have the album The Godz put out that included the cover. I was going through all my old albums and said to myself it would be fun to do. So here it is. As usual I struggle with the drums and vocals. Let me know how it sounds. I always try and play a mix on all my stuff before posting but didnt this one. Click the link below to start the tune. The intro is kind of cool and I recorded it kind of hot so turn down your speakers.
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6121563&q=hi

I had a chance to listen on my home system and pc speakers. I raised the vocals and right quitar track. Still sucks :) but it is more even.

I put the intro back to its original length. I like it that way. I redid the drums to get them more out front (was pointed out to me they were lacking :)). They are better now, but alot of the fidelity is lost during the coversion to the 128 mp3 format. The original mix sounds pretty good on my vintage stereo system. I think it came out ok for what I have to work with. My live room needs to be treated. So I dont have the best acoustics. I'll get to that this spring. Also I worked on the Bass guitar. And got rid of the double tracked vocals. Its no where professional, but I dont have professional recording equipment. And Im a jack of all trades (instruments), master of none. :)

I have three I want to do of theirs and Under the Table is one. 714 is the other. Thanks for the listen