Cannibal Corpse: Barnes or Corpsegrinder?

Cannibal Corpse: Barnes or Corpsegrinder?

• Barnes

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Corpsegrinder

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters
Barnes. He had a really distininguishable voice, and the lyrics were hilarious with a good sense of twisted humour, rather than being dumb as a brick. The music has always been consistently the same, obviously, so that isn't a factor. :D

I prefer the albums released during the Barnes era, but I think Corpsegrinder is as good, perhaps even better, than Barnes. He was rather impressive when I saw them live on Friday.

Oh yeah, The Wretched Spawn is excellent. So fucking intense, especially George's vocals. I thought they'd never release something like that since the last 3 or 4 releases were so mediocre.

I like most of Cannibal Corpse's works. Barnes has always been a god damn dipshit anyways so it's a good thing he replaced with Fisher who is a much better vocalist than him.

Fuck, i just voted Barnes by accident...haha, i meant to vote corpsegrinder...anyway Corpsegrinder wins this hands down i rekon, hes a great vocalist, and his screams are incredible.

Barnes has always been a pathetic vocalist. Easily the most laughable high-pitched vocals in extreme metal. The man himself is nothing short of a joke either.

Jean-Pierre said:
Oh yeah, The Wretched Spawn is excellent. So fucking intense, especially George's vocals. I thought they'd never release something like that since the last 3 or 4 releases were so mediocre.
Wha? Bloodthirst and Gore Obsessed are among CC's very best albums.

their both pretty friggen good, corpsegrinder is much cooler. I mean his name is corpsegrinder for chrissakes wheras chris is a douche bag. but chris has a better voice in that he has changed his tone more than george has (Eaten -> Tomb).

They're both "brutal" death metal vocalists so I don't think there's a whole lot of room for difference between the two. Neither vocalist really does anything genuinely creative so it doesn't really matter to me.

welkin97 said:
They're both "brutal" death metal vocalists so I don't think there's a whole lot of room for difference between the two.

If you can't tell the difference between Chris Barnes and George Fischer, you're deaf. I like how you threw in the "brutal" bit too, very clever. :rolleyes:

Jean-Pierre said:
If you can't tell the difference between Chris Barnes and George Fischer, you're deaf. I like how you threw in the "brutal" bit too, very clever. :rolleyes:

I can tell the difference. However, with death metal vocals there really is not a vast range of variation in which one can distinguish between differences. This doesn't mean I'm knocking that style though. I like a lot of death metal.

welkin97 said:
I can tell the difference. However, with death metal vocals there really is not a vast range of variation in which one can distinguish between differences. This doesn't mean I'm knocking that style though. I like a lot of death metal.

It really depends on who you listen to for DM. I could pick out John Tardy, Mike Mullen, Peter Wiwczarek and Ross Dolan anywhere. Then there's unoriginal carbon copy DM bands like Vile and Iniquity, I believe your indistinguishable cookie monster idea would apply there. ;)

Jean-Pierre said:
It really depends on who you listen to for DM. I could pick out John Tardy, Mike Mullen, Peter Wiwczarek and Ross Dolan anywhere. Then there's unoriginal carbon copy DM bands like Vile and Iniquity, I believe your indistinguishable cookie monster idea would apply there. ;)

I agree, there are death metal vocalists that have a unique character and presentation in their styles. I mean, I could pick out David Vincent in any crowd of DM growlers.