Cannibal Corpse: Barnes or Corpsegrinder?

Cannibal Corpse: Barnes or Corpsegrinder?

• Barnes

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Corpsegrinder

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters
I'm going to have to go with Barnes. Even though he is currently embarassing himself with Six Feet Under, I have to respect the fact that Cannibal Corpse was one of the first Death Metal bands I ever got into and he was the vocalist then. I remember back in 1991 wearing the Tomb Of The Mutilated tape out in my Walkman! I don't mind Corpsegrinder, but I'm not really into Death Metal all that much anymore anyway.

I still listen to Vincent era Morbid Angel, Obituary, Carcass, and a few other classic Death Metal bands but that's about it. I love Opeth but I don't really consider them "Death Metal" in the true sense anyway. There is a helluva lot more going on there. The only Death Metal album I've liked recently was the Bloodbath album and they weren't really doing anything new anyway. I heard one song off of the new Suffocation (Another one of the first Death Metal bands I had ever heard.) and was actually really unimpressed. Is the album better than whatever song that is in the video?

Well if I asked a while ago, I probaly would have said Barnes. He used to be my idol man, but he's just a laughing stock with Six Feet Under, especially since they put that MP3 of an AC/DC song they covered. That just sounded ridiculously stupid.

So anyway, I'm going with Corpsegrinder. Though that name sucks balls, he's much better, with more variation (those long screams kick arse) and he's faster. Though lyrics wise, Barnes owns.

Life Sucks said:
I think Corpsegrinder may be a slightly better vocalist, but I prefer Barnes era Cannibal Corpse, since Tomb of the Mutilated, The Bleeding, and Vile are my favorite CC albums.
Vile is Corpsegrinder era remember! So if you like it a lot more, tip the scales in Corpsegrinder favour! ;o)

Barnes, for being an originator and creating some damn intense sick material. Even though he's a complete ass-clown now. Fisher is very good as well, of coarse.