Cannibal Corpse

Heh, I would say he did a good job but his voice really doesn't go well with Six Feet Under. He was better in Corpse.

SculptedCold said:
hmmm, while Hammer Smashed Face is a classic CC song, their most famous, and has one truly sick-ass riff, it's also one of their more formulaic and linear compositions......so to a big Opef fan like GoD, it likely seems a little boring.

I don't mind formulaic and linear compositions, it's just that people hail this song like it's some kind of masterpiece, but although it has some good riffs, it's far worse than I expected.

CC sucks. I owe them, though, because finding out about them got me interested in death metal and I found In Flames, Soilwork, Dark Tranquility, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Sentenced, At The Gates, and Dissection.

I think repetitive blastbeats and horrible growling with cliche lyrics about eating children or killing women is the second lowest excuse for music. Sean Paul wins first place.

Hmm, I just can't seem to get into them. I like alot of other Death Metal but the lyrics for Cannibal Corpse is just fucking horrible. The music is also just average to me, and there alot better death metal bands out there. I can't appreciate gore lyrics, sorry.

Gory Elephant said:
In my humble opinion, Cannibal Corpse is the proud producer of one of the top five classic death metal albums ever: Tomb of the Mutilated. Which I think is better than Butchered at Birth. This list is rounded out by the following:

1) Death - Leprosy
2) Obituary - Cause of Death
3) Deicide - Legion
4) Mortician - House by the Cemetery

Oh, wait, damn, have to work Incantation "Diabolical Conquest" into that list somehow... Hmmmmmm...

You left out Morbid Angel's Alters of Madness AND Possessed's Seven Churches.

SculptedCold said:
agreed, I also like Fisher much better. He is far more dynamic; Barnes' shrieky/semi-clean/high/non-growling vocals were laughable at best.
thats true, but fisher should not be able to do barnes songs

IIIII CUUUUUMMM BBBLLLEEEAAAAUUUUUDDD

Hm, I must say I haven't listened very much to Cannibal Corpse yet, but the stuff I heard, was pretty monotonous, the tracks just all sounded the same. Maybe I'll have to listen more closely, but on first 'sight' I'm not very fond of them ...

Cannibal Corpse is a rather good band. To Guardian Of Darkness: If you want to hear some catchy, good songs by Cannibal Corpse, then download:

- Hung And Bled
- Disposal Of The Body
- Crushing The Despised
- Pounded Into Dust

Pounded Into Dust even got me into death metal, it's simpy great.