Cannot get a good snare out of EzDrummer + DFH for the life of me

Cacoph0ny

Feb 23, 2008
I've been toying around with it for days and it either sounds too weak or too poppy. Can anyone help me on this? I can post the MIDI of the drums and you can mess around with it if you're bored.

The snare in pop/rock is excellent IMO. I like it pretty much out-of-the-box with little tweaking. But thats a matter of taste I guess..

I prefer the Snares on the stock EZdrummer Pop/Rock kit. Saying that the defualt settings on DFH expansion are for the Snare Bottom to be at -6db under the Snare Top, giving it a really thin sound. Just level that out and it gets a bit better.

Cannot get a good snare out of EzDrummer + DFH for the life of me

Welcome to the club. Most of the snares and kicks are way too thin for my tastes. That's why the recording gods invented apTrigga though, just replace it. :)

~006

Welcome to the club. Most of the snares and kicks are way too thin for my tastes. That's why the recording gods invented apTrigga though, just replace it. :)

~006

The Kick I disagree with, I've found that by duplicating the kick and having one kick EQ'd for your 'click' and another for the punchy lows (plus liberal use of tube saturators) you can get a really great sound out of them.

i don't mind the snare too much...it is pretty slappy sounding, but it works well in some mixes...other times you need more body/thud, and it just doesn't cut it

i don't like the kick at all though. it gets replaced before i program in a single kick.

I use EZD and the DFH expansion and find that the snare and kick arent too good in the dfh expansion so i make 2 copies of my midi drum file - one for kick+snare from the pop/rock kit (default one) and one for everything else from ez:rofl:FH

I use EZD and the DFH expansion and find that the snare and kick arent too good in the dfh expansion so i make 2 copies of my midi drum file - one for kick+snare from the pop/rock kit (default one) and one for everything else from ez:rofl:FH

I tried doing that yesterday and applied similar settings to the Pop Kick and the DFH Kick, the Pop kick was way too boomy and uncontrolled, especially for DB stuff, the DFH kick sounded just as full but much tighter and punchier. You really need a damped Kick Drum for metal. Just IMO though.