Can't get this damn 808 right.. Super short clip. SOUNDCLOUD

Mar 10, 2012
www.facebook.com
It just presses everything else down ever so slightly, but I love that sort of crunch that it gives everything. I think it makes it sound like it slams so hard. I don't want to turn it down because It just becomes some annoying hum in the mix, but I don't want it to press everything down. In this short clip of the master, it only does it slightly
How can I fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm i guess you mean that big boom in the middle.. but what is a 808 anyway?

Try leaving the 808 out of the master chain. Send everything else through, but not the 808. Just process it as you would otherwise.

I'm not really sure what you are denoting here, could you explain?

About the actual hit, maybe you could bring up the initial strike, and then automate out the tail, so you don't have to come to a compromise on a good level.

i used to have this problem. i also could never figure out how to make that OTT sub drop that distorted everything instead of smashing the volume down

simple answer - export final mastered track into new project and add the sample in there.

Calum that's what I'm going to do. I love that kind of sub drop.. That's what I was going for, and I was getting it super well, but it was smashing the volume along with everything else. Thanks a lot everyone.