Can't seem to be pleased by my guitar tone

still trying to work something out, still doesn't sound as clear as I want it to be!!! dammit

dropbox

I would PAY for a normal chain to use with podfarm..

I've used the Cali d plate loads in the past but i never got anything sounding like THAT!

Is your chain all in podfarm? May sound like a complete noob question but what else is there to use to get a fat guitar tone like that other than noise gate>screamer>amp>eq ?

(im trying to not be one of those annoying people that ask for tips all the time, but you just get to a point where you cant spend any more time figuring it out for yourself)

love that mix though.

Yeah I would really like to know the chain for guitars here. I can get some decent sounds out of POD farm but this is amazing! Even if you don't like it I would gladly take this tone off of you any day!

guys the original tone was way more quiet, like too quiet to work in a mix with vocals and louder bass..

I like the 2nd tone better it's bigger/fatter, but it sounds to me like theres a weird chirp in there every now and again on the guitars idk. Either way i dig it.

seriously dude.. all you have to do is cut, with a pretty wide q, around 300hz, and then place a gentle narrow cut at around 700-800hz. removes that bulky midrange and leaves room for 'action', 'life' and all that jazz.

seriously dude.. all you have to do is cut, with a pretty wide q, around 300hz, and then place a gentle narrow cut at around 700-800hz. removes that bulky midrange and leaves room for 'action', 'life' and all that jazz.

this cat is on the ball!