Cant wait to get tracking with MORGUE ORGY!

LoudNoises

Jan 31, 2010
This weekend I start tracking with Morgue Orgy!!!!!
Just wondered if many of you had heard of them and digging their stuff?
Cos I love them, they are one of my favorite bands,
but this could just be bias as I work with them ha ha

I worked with them last year, tracking and mixing their EP and it was mastered by dan and justin. It had awesome review's in all the usual magazines which was sweet. Then the boys played Bloodstock this year and went down really well which was awesome too!!!!

So now it all falls back onto me again to make the new CD sound even better. I was real pleased with their last record when we finished it, so the last few days I have had an intense listen of it again and I have just finished my snag list of everything I wanna change this year.
we have done some pre production and their new songs are killer!
I heard off the lads last night and it seems this year Mick Kenney is gonna be mastering the new CD too.

I wanna get the guitar sound so much tighter on this CD, which shouldn't be too much of a problem as we have had so many upgrades at the studio and I have changed a lot of my techniques tracking and mix wise!

But I'm thinking about maybe getting a Blackstar head and cab in to supplement the Engl and Marshalls we'll be using to track guitars.
Anyone using a Blackstar for tracking guitars??

if anyone wants to check out any of Morgue Orgy's stuff their myspace is

Morgue Orgy - Myspace
http://www.myspace.com/morgueorgy

Also if anyone else is interested in following their session the studio facebook will be updated week to week with pics and stuff from the sessions

Loud Noises Production - Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=Loud+Noises+Production&init=quick&sid=search_preload#!/pages/Loud-Noises-Production/194466212664?ref=search

they start with drums this weekend then we have a break for a couple of weeks then they are back in the track the rest of the CD for 7 long days!!!

Did no one catch these guys at bloodstock this year?
and is no one using blackstar heads or cabs?

I haven't used any of the bigger head but, I used a HT-5
a few months ago at a studio I was was well impressed with its sound
for a 5w head with just 1 valve for the pre and 1 for the power amp!!!