Caption this photograph ... part III

So just to clarify: they think "Opeth > Bathory" which effectively makes them 'gay', hence the gay poster on the wall.

This is totally tied into the current tournament debate between Dark One and Erik. Am I right?

JayKeeley said:
So just to clarify: they think "Opeth > Bathory" which effectively makes them 'gay', hence the gay poster on the wall.

This is totally tied into the current tournament debate between Dark One and Erik. Am I right?
Jokes are always much funnier when you explain them, thanks

:lol:

My two cents:

picture: super silly
band name: a one-word name that is less "gay" would be better
music: no idea but I'm not about to find out; that doesn't make me closed-minded, it's just that there is plenty of stuff I'd rather listen to made by people who probably don't look as silly.

Mormagil said:
:lol:

My two cents:

picture: super silly
band name: a one-word name that is less "gay" would be better
music: no idea but I'm not about to find out; that doesn't make me closed-minded, it's just that there is plenty of stuff I'd rather listen to made by people who probably don't look as silly.

all this from someone with the title "Nu-Metal Junkie!!!!!!!!!!" doesn't surprise me.

shitthread.gif

JayKeeley said:

Of course. But of course Erik's not biased in any way whatsoever either.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
I'm not complaining because of us being made fun of. The fact that so many metalheads are closed-minded will make them see stuff like this and have them join in without listening.

Nah, it's not what people said or what they might have done to the pic that would have made me not listen to your band. The original picture did that alone. The fact that you'd wear slayer and CoB shirts says something of your musical preferences, which are obviously not in line with my own.

Certainly things like this can be decieving at times (didn't one of the Belenos members have on an Opeth shirt in the liner notes?), but typically not.

Dark One said:
Of course. But of course Erik's not biased in any way whatsoever either.
Dude, you crack me up because you say I'm BIASED when it's all there in white on grey on your monitor. Regardless of my opinions, I just didn't vote 16 times for Bathory. People like Bathory, get over it.

god damn fucking right people like bathory erik \m/ and if you don't you are a false and don't entry please.

I don't get why someone would even compare Bathory and Opeth. both are good in their own respect. it's like comparing ACDC and Necrophagist. it's not something that will likely have valid reasons for either side

They're both Swedish bands that combine more than one vocal style, long epic songs, acoustic/electric guitar interplay, and both are pretty popular. Aside from that they're very fucking different, but then again they're being compared because they turned up randomly against each other in an opinion poll!

dead6skin6mask6 said:
I don't get why someone would even compare Bathory and Opeth. both are good in their own respect. it's like comparing ACDC and Necrophagist. it's not something that will likely have valid reasons for either side

But Bathory are EVIL!!! :heh: