Cardiff Gig 3rd Oct

conrad65

New Metal Member
Oct 5, 2004
Ater reading set lists from earlier in the tour the gig at the Coal Exchange in Cardiff Was a let down. What happened to Backs to the wall, To live by the sword, Unleash the beast, Broken heroes, Solid ball of rock, 20,000 feet, And the bands played on and (unbelievably) 747 & Denim & leather?
A 1 hour 40 minute set (9:30pm - 11:10pm) after 2hours+ earlier in the week.
I Have'nt missed a Saxon gig in Cardiff since 1981 and this was far from one of the best. I don't expect to hear every classic but to omit 747 & denim & leather is sacrilege!

Paxoman said:
Unusual of Saxon to play that short a set. So what songs did they play conrad65?

Not The exact order but here goes:
The Return (Intro)
Lionheart
Power & The Glory
Motorcycle Man
Never Surrender
Beyond the Grave
Flying On the Edge
The Eagle Has Landed
Dallas 1pm
Dogs of War
Strong Arm of the Law
Man and Machine
Crusader
Encore Wheels Of Steel
Princess of the Night

Some great songs of course but maybe I made a mistake loking at the earlier gigs. Biff did say on the night that Sunday is a day of rest!

I was at the Coal Exchange gig too and it rocked!!! Maybe they could have played a few more songs but still was still a good night out. Dream Evil surprised me, Id never heard of them before but they put on a good show. The singer has one killer voice, reminded me of Rob Halford or Geoff Tate in his early days.

Evil666 said:
I was at the Coal Exchange gig too and it rocked!!! Maybe they could have played a few more songs but still was still a good night out. Dream Evil surprised me, Id never heard of them before but they put on a good show. The singer has one killer voice, reminded me of Rob Halford or Geoff Tate in his early days.
Dream Evil is a killer band. In Barcelona the opening band will be Chinchilla (what a stupid name for a german power metal band). I haven't listened anything from them but maybe I'll discover a good band. If not, the venue has a good bar with cheap drinks :loco:

I missed that gig due to lack of funds! gutted....mates who went sed was a really good nite