Cardiff gig

Marty Friedman

New Metal Member
Jun 30, 2003
wales
Visit site
this weekend i got anthrax fever and went to se them at nottingham and cardiff which both rocked! the set from nottingham has been posted so i wont do it, im glad they did madhouse and be all end all and soliders of metal was great! at nottingham i got scotts plectrum and i met scott, rob and charlie ( id seen thrax twice before this gig and i hadnt met scott and this time i did and got his plec and he signed by speak english or die)

Cardiff my 4th gig.......after some drinking in the town centre we went to go to another pub and saw scott and john in the town centre so we got a pic with them wgich was cool as fuck ( i met him again woo) and i asked for indians again! in the que phil from motor head turned up cos his sons band where playing which was cool cos ive met him twice now.

to the gig it was really good, and teh sings where great and possably better than the nite before.

set:
Contact (intro)
What doesnt die
superhero
got the time
cosught in a mosh
safe home
only
Antisocial
Indians
Black Darlia
Crush
be all end all
Nfl
black lodge
Madhouse
Metal thrashing mad
I AM THE LAW

(not all the snongs in that order)

there are more but i cant think of them at the moment any place but here sould be one of em

at this gig i got 4 scott plecs i was so chuffed

Cool, I reckon that set just pips the Nottingham one, I was going to go to Cardiff too, in fact after sleeping in my car (well spending the night really, I didn't get much kip) I drove over to Cardiff but when I got there I decided it was a stupid idea so I drove all the way back to Norwich.
Godd job I did too as I was so knackered as it was and driving back through the night would have been a killer (possibly literally). Also I'm looking for a new job so that is probably more important than total Anthrax overload.

well done with all the plecs, i thought i had one at rock city as it landed in some girls hair - i just yanked a load of hair but no plec.
apologies if the girl reads this!
did scott and charlie stay in rock city after the show, i had a quick chat with rob, he said that they were around, but i didnt see them

Was this gig possibily the best ever. Rob C has to be one the coolest most confident lead guitarists I've ever seen. The 'thrax back in the fall??? can't wait......

oh yeah at nottingham thrax jammed on MAKE ME LAUGH in soundcheck!

shred_2795895.jpg

shred_2795934.jpg

shred_2795972.jpg

shred_2796095.jpg

nice