Caspian anyone?

Burnout

Faith Puppeteer
Sep 25, 2005
California, US
www.last.fm
I know I'm probably not going to find too many interested parties with this one, but I was curious to see if anyone else here listens to the band Caspian or a little post-rock in general. I have a good friend who has made a strong effort to expose me to the genre and listening primarily to metal I haven't found it terribly appealing.

However, he recently introduced me to a band named Caspian from Boston and they really struck a chord. It is really post-rock in every sense, but much of the time they feel like Explosions in the Sky meets Agalloch's Ashes Against the Grain sanz Haughm's often disliked vocals.

I know General Zod mentioned an interest in Explosions in the Sky's The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place a while ago, so perhaps I should be throwing the recommendation more specifically in his direction, but regardless, I think this band is pretty outstanding.

:headbang:

http://myspace.com/caspiantheband

(The band has full samples up from their debut EP and upcoming full-length)

I like what I've heard. A lot of the dredg fans dig them. If you want to hear a band whose all-instrumental that could appeal to Metal and Progressive Metal fans. Check out Russian Circles.

To me they sound like Rush or Fates Warning if you took away the vocals and keys. Dynamics, crescendos, muscular riffs. Also a 3-piece fwtw.