Cassettes

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
How many of you fine upstanding blokes collect cassette tapes?! If so, what are some gems in your collection?!? I tried to do away with the medium, but have recently come across a few items that are strictly available on this format, and am now in need of a tape deck. Pah! :heh:

hahaha ... i have a shitload of them including a bunch of priceless demos in a friend's garage somewhere within a 5 mile radius of my home.

How many of you fine upstanding blokes collect cassette tapes?! If so, what are some gems in your collection?!? I tried to do away with the medium, but have recently come across a few items that are strictly available on this format, and am now in need of a tape deck. Pah! :heh:

YEAH BUY THAT LEECH AND SKAGOS.

:kickass:

i don't "collect" them but sometimes i buy them because something is only available on tape or is very cheap (say an album i'm unsure about is available on tape for $3 or cd for $12)

sometimes i buy a bunch of random $3 tapes from a distro just because i might find something cool, and i did, last time (AUSTERITY is v. good funeral doom + BASTARD PRIEST is rockin' old school death)

some of my MOST PRIZED MAGNETIC TAPE TREASURES are:

* thergothon "fhtaghn-nagh yog-sothoth"
* skepticism "aeothe kaear"
* worship "last tape before doomsday"
* dark tranquillity "trail of life decayed"
* agalloch "from which of this oak"
* abysmal "nebulistic obscurity"
* susurrus inanis "the shadowless shining"
* moonsorrow "tämä ikuinen talvi" + "metsä"
* ulver "ondes triumph" (a bootleg but the rehearsal side is GOD)

a bunch of others, blah blah

I have Cianide - The Dying Truth on cassette.

I'm not a fan of cassettes though really.

i don't "collect" them but sometimes i buy them because something is only available on tape or is very cheap (say an album i'm unsure about is available on tape for $3 or cd for $12)

This.

I have maybe 50-60 tapes I've collected over the years, mostly thrash and black metal.

If I can get it on CD I will, but I'll usually get cassettes when there aren't other options. Sometimes I just want a particular cassette for no real reason. Some (originals) I have of note:

BILSKIRNIR - For Victory We Ride
COUNTESS - The Wrath of Satan's Whore
DAWNFALL - Mysterial Darkness
DESASTER - Lost in the Ages
FULLMOON - United Aryan Evil
INCARNATOR - Nordic Holocaust
MOEVOT - Abgzvoryathre
NECROS CHRISTOS - Black Mass Desecration
NERGAL (Grc) - Ljus Morker
ODIUM (Nor) - Promotional Tape 1996
TWILIGHT - Promotape 94
WATAIN - The Ritual Macabre

Guess cassettes are making a kvltback.

IMG_4062.JPG

sm56r6.jpg

hTza5Ey.jpg

MORE PLASTIC FOR THE PLASTIC GOD

CONSUME

i mean i don't think you're going to take your super cult burzum boxset into your '87 corolla, which is really the only viable use for cassettes in 2019, so what's the point

fuckin' collectors, man

Fuck cassettes. Fuck cassettes in their stupid tapeholes.

I do listen to them because they are there. They still suck.

Last edited:
I still have all my cassettes I bought through the years.