My band's first official release! Produced by me

Melodeath

Moonbow
Feb 6, 2004
Northern VA
As some of you may know, I'm in the band Horrendous. Anyway, I'm really proud to announce that not only did we sign with Skeleton Plague Records and Dark Descent Records a few months ago, but this week saw our first official release...on cassette tape! (I know what most of you here will think about that - don't worry, CDs and vinyl in the future. Tape is a common format in this style). We were sellign copies on CDR through myspace for about a year, but it's nice to finally have an official release.

It's a 5-song demo entitled Sweet Blasphemies, and it was all recorded, mixed, and mastered by myself here in my studio. You can hear some tracks at our myspace (http://www.myspace.com/horrendousdeathmetal). We're a three-piece band playing Swedish-influenced old school death metal.

I know a few months ago some people here were really interested in getting a copy of our stuff, so here's your chance with this announcement. We'll have a few tapes for sale, but they are on sale for $5 from Dark Descent and Skeleton Plague. The tape will also be available at Blood Harvest, Detest Records, Iron Bone, Nuclear War Now, and others. It's limited to 200 copies on red cassettes.

I think the tape turned out looking really nice:
l_72ae50ff92864cd08252909c744d74a8.jpg

www.darkdescent.net
www.skeletonplaguerecords.com

There's two reviews up at www.metal-archives.com, and another can be found here: http://www.funeralrain.net/tag/sweet-blasphemies/

We're pretty pumped about this, so I just wanted to share it with you guys, since I spend a lot of time here. Anyway, thanks for checking us out. If you want a tape don't hesitate to ask me

Hey dude haven't seen you around here for a while. Good to know you got something released, and I will definitely buy that Ep when it is released in Cd, I just have no way to play a cassette anymore hahaha I barely even have how to play cds, I just rip everything to my Iphone.

Anyways, sounds fucking awesome, and please post when it's available on cd!

I wish I still have my record/tape player combo... I miss that thing.. When it's out on CD I'd love to buy it..

-P

Thanks for the comments guys! We finished writing new tracks for an album, which will be out on CD and vinyl, so it's definitely coming. Since some people can't play tapes, I am still offering CDR copies of the demo. Just let me know!

Also, the reasons why we don't have a bass player: The band began just as friends jamming - there wasn't really an intent to start a band. So, the band is really just three best friends, two of whom are actually brothers. We've never felt the need for bass live, and people comment they really don't miss it since our tone is so heavy. We really just like the way we write music, and adding a bass player would potentially ruin that chemistry, so we're leaving well enough alone. There is bass in the recordings, of course.