OT: It's Official: New METALLICA Album To Be Produced By RICK RUBIN

hourglass said:
"Hey - shorty! Shut yer gob and just bang on the fucking big round shiny one in the chorus."

ryan

Are you serious? Did you see SKOM or watch the SA rehersal DVD or even listen to SA ....He is using the ride constantly.....

Fredrik-Ablaze said:
Wasn't the whole live thing what they claimed to be doing on ST Anger?

They might have claimed to, but there was a lot of looping & other B.S. going on. Did you see Some Kind of Monster? Lars nails a heavy drum piece: "I'm never playing that again" or something to that effect. What a trooper.

A Gruesome Discovery said:
Seriously, after seeing that film, what producer would want to climb aboard that trainwreck? Any sane person would quit by the fifth group hug, or just one of Lars' diatribes about his hurt feelings and all the incomprehensible psychobabble.

I would highly recommend the "Red Forman" approach to Metallica's infighting: Bare Knuckle Boxing! If you're not mad enough to bare knuckle box your bandmates, then you're not really mad.

-0z-

OzNimbus said:
They might have claimed to, but there was a lot of looping & other B.S. going on. Did you see Some Kind of Monster? Lars nails a heavy drum piece: "I'm never playing that again" or something to that effect. What a trooper.

Why must everything anyone says always be taken so literally?

But as producer, wouldn't he have to attend Metallica's group therapy sessions? Since Andy is incapable of weepily menstruating, it just wouldn't work out.

They're not doing that anymore, and haven't been for a long time, dr. phil was fired. Can you blame a guy who's just been through rehab that he wants some more support?