Rick Rubin to produce next Metallica album

ThraxDude said:
Cool. :headbang:

Anyway- back to the topic. Metallica will SUCK no matter what. Metallica is an embarassment to all that is metal.
Lars is the president of the Douche Crew.
Absolutly correct. They used to be my favorite band growing up but my god they fucking embarrassed the fuck out of me with "load" "re-load" "S&M" and the wanna be metal again album "st.anger" AHHHHHHHHH!:puke:
I still listen to the first 4 cd and only think "what the fuck happened to this band"

jpike said:
Absolutly correct. They used to be my favorite band growing up but my god they fucking embarrassed the fuck out of me with "load" "re-load" "S&M" and the wanna be metal again album "st.anger" AHHHHHHHHH!:puke:
I still listen to the first 4 cd and only think "what the fuck happened to this band"
so predictable...the same old "ain't metal enough" parade

Thrillho said:
I love how Lars is the first one to call the Megadeth/ Metallica Fued pointless, yet, he is always the one that stirs the shit pot up again.
Where the hell have you been for the last 20 years? It has ALWAYS been mustaine and his inability to get over it that has continued to stir this "feud". Hell, metallica and any member of the band have RARELY even commented on dave.
Why Lars is even angry about that is beyond me - he made millions, he was the fucker instead of the fucked, what is to be mad about? Dave has great reason to be mad, as there was suppose to be a bond and a friendship there, not just a band relationship. And he got booted not as just a guitar player, but a buddy. Lars...... what a waste of sperm.
Dave was fired from a job because of his violent personality when drunk. Would YOU want to keep your boss at wal-mart as a friend after you got fired for being a violent drunk? Dave just CAN'T let go, no matter what he may say now after dime's death. What the fuck did kirk ever do to dave to warrant comments like "at least I bagged his girlfriend before I left, how do I taste, kirk?" Dave mustaine is nothing but a bitter 40+ year old whiny bitch.

Rick Ruban produced the Beastie Boys "Licence to Ill" album in '86. But when he started taking credit for thier success, they canned his ass, and went on to push out Mega Platinum albums, each one VERY different.
So, I guess my point is that the producer is very important, but it's the music that makes an album.
P.S. It was Ricks idea to use Kerry King on that album though. But I think it didn't fit.

DumbAss said:
Rick Ruban produced the Beastie Boys "Licence to Ill" album in '86. But when he started taking credit for thier success, they canned his ass, and went on to push out Mega Platinum albums, each one VERY different.

The band has never matched the sales of their first album with their subsequent work.

Not only was Rick Rubin their producer for their first album, he was also the reason they were signed...Def Jam was his and Russel Simmons' label.

It was after some dispute - partly fueled by Columbia Records' refusal to release one of their songs on their debut album because of language at the time of PMRC interference - with Def Jam that they were released from their contract.

Columbia, it should be noted, was also the reason why Slayer's Reign in Blood was released on Def Jam through Geffen - some of the label execs had gotten hold of the lyrics to Angel of Death and were rather non-plussed about the medical experiments of Dr. Mengele being the topic of discussion.

DumbAss said:
So, I guess my point is that the producer is very important, but it's the music that makes an album.
P.S. It was Ricks idea to use Kerry King on that album though. But I think it didn't fit.
ok so whos idea was it to use Kerry King on a sum 41 song/video?

I heard that was Sum 41's idea, they are fans of Slayer and their management got in touch with Kerry's and he said yes to the Idea.
I have heard Kerry had never even met the Beasties, He was in a studio in another state when he recorded his solo for NSTB. He met them afterwards at some time.

metal_thrashing_kansan said:
it has to be a rumor, i have quotes upon quotes of ALL of Metallica stating Bob is there to stay. As for the next album being crap, we shall see.....:ill:
It's funny how everytime around, people always show some glimmer of hope for Metallica. It ain't gonna happen. Give some press and support the creative bands that deserve it, rather than riding on the dingleberries of a band that has done nothing good for more than 16 years. Jeez. Their creative heyday was 20 years ago.