Urgg...new Metallica

Metallica needs to advertise better. If St.Anger toured around near Mobile, Alabama, I never heard or read about it...

I sent an email to the Admin. listed at MetClub to see if I could find out exactly why the membership registration was closed down...

You can polish a turd, but that's all its ever gonna be. A TURD. Metallica died with Cliff, and not even Rick fucking Rubin can resurrect them. I had to double check that this wasn't an old thread, as it was released AAAAAGES ago that Rubes was producing their new record. Where you been man? ;)

Oh, and I concur. I will also be downloading the next album. Metallica will not be getting another penny out of me.

Thread was about Rick Rubin as the new Metallica producer, not if Anthrax is better or not. We should keep the thread on topic.

Cheers

i'm refering on rick's direction for metallica...geeeez......:rolleyes: I thought i was on topic...sorry to interrupto_O

Rubin has made a career out of taking bands that were at a crossroads and reminding them what made them successful in the first place. He doesn't smooth over anything. He'll probably look James in the face and tell him to to get pissed and sing like he used to, get Lars to tune his drums, make Kirk listen to his old UFO records, and make them all listen to Trujillo's opinion cos that guy is metal to the core.

I expect the album to kick ass.

It turns out Metallica's forum registration was down and will be back up next week.

Now who's this lunatic who thinks Opeth owes nothing to Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden?

I still haven't recovered from "frantick tick tick tick tick tick tick taawwkk".

It turns out Metallica's forum registration was down and will be back up next week.

Now who's this lunatic who thinks Opeth owes nothing to Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden?
That lunatic is a Opeth fan who got themself banned for stupidity. Nothing new there.
:kickass:

I’m not naive enough to expect another MOP or RTL or even AJFA, it’s been awfully close to two decades since And Justice came out and well past that since Master and Kill ‘em all. So to expect the band, who are all much older now to go back to that sound is really asking too much. I understand that bands change and musicians change as they mature, pre-reunion Anthrax changed and I loved them even more, while I did love the Black album everything post has really not been worthy of Metallica, in my opinion.

Then again, unfortunately, they have been far more commercially successful then our beloved Anthrax has, so.

I just hope that Rubin gives them the spark that helps them pound out the type of music that is worthy of their talents, not necessarily a total revision of their past.

Machine Head, albeit a much younger band, disappointed me greatly with Super Charger to the point where I completely wrote them off. Then they came back and blew my mind away with Through The Ashes of Empires, which wasn’t a total return to their old sound by any means… but it was a return to their old quality and possible their best release ever. I’m hoping for something similar for Metallica…. I’m not holding my breathe waiting for it though.

With Rubin behind the helm, it will undoubtedly be mastered by Vlado Meller, a smashed, maximised, flattened, overloud, sonic mess.

I do think St. Anger is a step back in the right direction, perhaps just not far enough, yet.